Death Is Not The End

*hey so I started writing from the first person POV and decided it would make it hard to iron out some of the plot so a couple of episodes from now I switch, sorry!*

Everything hurts...

Why can I not open my eyes...

Oh yeah, I died.

Stupid Liza always not watching where she was going.

Sitting in the dark I remembered my last moments alive. Watching Liza smile and skip non stop talking about that new game she was playing. I think it was called "The Time Watcher" or something else cliche. I only partially listened as time was a sore subject for me.

Just as I was about to tell her to slow down I felt like my heart would stop. Her time which had shown her living 70+ more years dropped to just 2 minutes.

Looking to my left I saw the culprit speeding toward us and her none the wiser.  The truck would not be able to stop in time, someone was going to die, and if I did not do something that person would be Liza. Changing time always has its consequences. When a death is owed a death must be paid.

With no time to spare I rushed forward and pushed her out of the way. I watched as her look of shock turned to one of anguish. This is going to hurt her, but it will hurt less than her death.

"Liza...I'm sorry I pushed you.. stay safe."

"NOOOOO you just have to stay awake, you will be fine!" Tears were rushing down her pale cheeks.

"Shhhhh it's okay. I'm just glad.. glad I could save you." I knew my time was leaving. I never wanted to look in the mirror afraid of what I would see, but now laying here on this cold wet asphalt I was no longer afraid.

Her tear-stained cheeks were the last thing I saw before ending up here in this darkness. I hope she is more careful in the future.

I felt like I had been sitting in the dark for years. Unable to see anything, not even a hand in front of me.

"Would you like to live?" The voice sounded neither female nor male but is still very sweet on the ears.

"That depends, what reason do I have to suffer through more years of watching everyone I ever cared about, and knowing exactly when they will die?" I know my response is harsh, but it is how I have felt ever since I was small.

I can remember going to my grandmother's bedside and watching as her seconds ticked down until reaching zero.

"We saw your sacrifice for your friend. It was not yet your time to leave. As we cannot put you back into your deceased body we could send you to a new world and you could start all over."

"If I decide I do not want to be reborn?"

"There are many perks to be reborn. The world we would send you has magic. Is there something you always wished you could have done, but did not have the ability to do? You could be rich. You could even save lives..."

I wanted to keep denying wanting to be reborn, but after sitting in the dark unable to do anything for so long I felt I was going insane.

Before I could even respond the voice continued. "If you decide to be reborn we can give you a couple of wishes. Anything as long as it is within our power."

"What kind of things are within your power to grant me if I decide to be reborn?"

"You could wish to keep your memories and past knowledge. Be super powerful. Have special equipment like special chambers, shoes that help you run faster and farther, or you could wish something like being able to talk to beasts. There are very few things we cannot do, just ask and we will try to see if we can."

All of those sounded super helpful. I know they are just trying to sweeten to deal so that I will be reborn, I just cannot figure out why.

"Why do you want me to be reborn so badly?" I figure the quickest way to find out is to just ask.

The question was met with silence. Not even a whisper of sound met my ear for several minutes.

"The world we want to send you to is in trouble. We had originally sent one other to the world, and she was meant to be the heroine. However once she arrived we noticed she never intended to save anyone, only cause more pain and suffering. When you sacrificed yourself we saw that you were pure at heart and want you to save everyone."

I did not see that coming. "I only saved her because she was my friend. How do you know I wouldn't also be a villain in that new world?"

A small light started traveling towards me getting brighter the closer it got. I had to close my eyes in fear that I would go blind looking at its brilliance.

"Morgianna, you are nothing like the girl who came here before you. You have demanded nothing of us. You died saving your friend while she died in a car accident crying over some boy. We were in a hurry to get the world saved so this falls on us.  If there is anything we can do to get you to help us we will."

"Fine, if I am to be reborn I want to have powers to save the lives you want me to. I would also like to keep my memories and past knowledge so that I can continue my martial arts and I guess lastly I would like that special chamber so that I can carry many things with me."

"As you wish. May we also suggest the ability to speak to beasts and animals? This may come in handy later in your quest."

"Sure, why not. The more powers and abilities to better. If I am to save a world from a boy crazy heroine gone bad I'm sure I'll need everything I can get." I chuckled darkly. Why did I even agree to this?

"Once you leave here, we will still be able to watch you but we will not be able to interfere unless under extreme circumstances. You will be born a duke's daughter, and we will try to get you back almost to the same time the other girl was born as well. The good news is you almost get to keep your name, you shall be known as Morgianna Bloodmoon. Once you are ready step through the door to your left."

I was about to tell them that there was no door when one materialized less than three feet away from me. Looking towards the light one last time I strode towards the door pushed and fell through. I kept spinning and spinning heading towards a light at the end.