Chapter 45: Shadow of Naginata Blades

"Im sorry about this morning." Saito refused to make eye contact with his little sister. They were both sitting in the dining room while food is served. "As a compensation for the shock, I bought a few gifts for you."

Ishi came inside and gave the flute and camellia to Yun Ren Xie. She confusedly accepted the gifts and firstly looked at the flower.

'Red camellia.........' she whispered in her thoughts.

'Host, anything the matter?' Baoshi popped inside the void and glanced at the monitor. She gasped in horror, why would Saito buy that?!

Back outside, Yun Ren Xie managed to blush uncontrollably and gripped the bouquet. She bit her lower lip then looked up to meet Saito's curious gaze. Her brows creased as if about to cry once more.

"D-did I do something wrong?" Saito worriedly said and was about to stand up when his sister spoke in a shy tone.

"R-red camellia symbolizes......" she stopped midways and averted her gaze, creating a very cute shy attitude. "P-passion and de-desire...."

Ah?! Passion and desire?!

He was dumbstruck, he never thought it means like that! Looking at his sister, he was more ashamed than she is!

"Kuso!" he cursed loudly, enough for Yun Ren Xie to hear and blush more. From her blazing red cheeks to her pink ears until her red shaded neck.

Of all the curse word you need to use, why kuso?! Dont you know it can be more awkward? Yun Ren Xie lamented.

"Brother!" she acted childishly, slamming the table with her fair hands. Catching his attention, she can see how the usual calm and collective Saito turned into a panicking brother.

"S-Soma!" he called out when Soma left the room, slamming the door behind. Only then he remembered what he did. Presenting a flower symbolizing passion and desire, even cursing such immoral word....... what is there not to be angry about? Even if the role changed and he is Soma, Saito of course feels shy about it.

'Ding! First Mission completed host! Third mission unlocked....'

Baoshi came out, accompanying the lonely Yun Ren Xie in her silent room. "Great! Oi, Baoshi..... let me hear the rewards I earned from turning Souji down before the third mission." she said.

From her experience, the third mission might be dangerous again! "Two bottle of low-tier life source and a mid-tier seal for the immortal sense. Immortal Sense is very rare host! You can use this to spot enemy quickly and even spy anywhere you wanted to! Its like you are watching from the heaven! There is also the sound impartation where you can transmit any sound to any person you'd like!"

"Is that so, good. Third mission?"

A light green screen appeared before her, the third mission seems..... risky however, it was easy for her.

Third Mission: Kill general Ruso and stain his reputation

"Very easy, Baoshi. Please do me a favor once more! Find flaws about his life or grave crimes behind the closed door." she smirked.

"Host, your smirk is too devious. Besides, Soma is a cutie. Its like your presenting a dark angel attitude."

Yun Ren Xie rolled her eyes in response. Was it not obvious? "Right, how many days are left before I return back to the estate? How's the second mission's progress?"

"Host, its already the third month of its fourth day. Saito said he will bring you back to the estate the 'next month'. Should have been the first day of May however, Saito has been preoccupied about other matters and seems to be persistent in ignoring host. If he was reminded of it, host will not be able to complete the second mission. So......" Baoshi let out a creepy smile which made Yun Ren Xie flinch. Just what is she up to?!

"What?"

"Host should always be sweet to Mr. Saito over the day and maybe at night, host will seduce the shit out of Hijikita!" Baoshi's eyes were glimmering with light but only received a hard hit on her head.

"Dont you curse when Im around! Besides, its not good to hear." Yun Ren Xie teased her little guide. "You havent told me the progress yet!"

"Hmm..... sixty percent. Which means we are close but still far and host, its better to make Hijikita date with Shadow than Soma."

Yun Ren Xie is about to nod when someone knocked at her door. She expected it was Saito however, she dont know how to face him.

She ignored him for a while then the shadow behind the screens slowly dispersed. Yun Ren Stood up and opened her door to see a paper, jade flute and red camellia laying on the wooden floor. She picked all of them and went inside to read the note.

Soma, brother is sorry about everything. I really dont know red camellia means like that. The day after tomorrow, I'll have a half day of work and by morning, please accompany brother to the Hirano Shrine?

"Baoshi, let's toy somebody else's fate by tomorrow. We're going to make Hijikita like both Soma and Shadow. Figure out where he will go tonight." her lip's curved upward.

"Eh? But host, if we do that, wont he feel pressured about it? Having two, no three women around him is too much!"

Yun Ren Xie smacked poor Baoshi's head again. "Shadow and Soma are one and that is me, it will also be me who can make him forget Okoto's existence in his heart."

Night came and the full bright moon seems to help the Shinsengumi in patrolling. Hijikita woke up, he was calm though but an image flashed to his mind which made him blush unexpectedly.

"Shadow....." he whispered gently while closing his eyes in anger. Hijikita just dreamt about her, making incredulous activity.

In his dream, they were both naked. Soaked in a steaming hot spring, he slowly traced Shadow's bare shoulder with his hand. He wanted to remove the veil but she suddenly took his hands and placed it around her waist.

Hijikita unconsciously looked at his palm, the soft feeling of her fair skin and those slender figure of Shadow still lingered in his mind. It seems real but looking around him, he was still inside his room, not a hot spring.

"Damn it, looks like I'll need Asami tonight." he slapped his forehead. Being a playboy since young, Hijikita cant accept the fact that Shadow is the only woman who can make him like this.

As he walked outside the camp, a very alluring melody greeted his ears. Turning around, his gaze locked at the dark figure leaning close to a plum tree with only few petals of blossoms have stayed.

Slowly, the cloud blocking the full moon was gone. The dark figure made Hijikita's heart uneasy as its features slowly getting revealed.

Shadow did not even glance at him as she continued playing the rectangular instrument on her hand. A very sad song yet more enticing!

*Yume to Hazakura kalimba cover, its so good!

After a while, Shadow lifted her head and glanced at Hijikita. She slowly walked backwards while her hands were clasped behind her. Letting out a small but delicate laugh before going behind the pillar. Hijikita walked towards it and expected Shadow however, she is nowhere to be found.