36 - Learning

The twin girls sat at the table, both of them watching their mother and grandmother cooking. The smell of strawberries and cake filled the kitchen, causing them both to smile and drool.

"I'm going to eat it all! You can't have any!" Yukime smirked at her younger sister. Shizuha blinked at her sister, not caring at all what she said. She knew that her mother would give her food. It didn't matter what her sister did. Eve set down the empty plates in front of them, Mina coming right behind her with the strawberry pancakes on another platter. She served Yukime first, then Shizuha.

"You don't steal your sister's." Mina growled at the elder of the two, holding her chin in her hand. "Understand?" She glared.

"Okay Mama.." Yukime whispered.

"Good girl." Mina smiled, pulling her hand away and rubbing some of her scent on her daughter. Yukime reacted in a disgusted way, trying to rub it off with her hand, but it was impossible. The girl smelled like coconuts now. "Try and eat all of it." Mina whispered to Shizuha.

"Okay." She mumbled, looking at the plate. Mina walked by her, causing her to start to whine.

"Why is she crying?" Eve frowned.

"No idea..." Mina walked back to the younger, kneeling down next to her chair. "Words honey, I can't understand.." Mina frowned. Shizuha reached for her mother's hand, attempting to grab it. Mina lifted it, letting the little girl place it on her cheek. "Oh." Mina chuckled. She rubbed her wrist on Shizuha's cheek, scenting the younger girl.

"You never wanted to be scented. You reacted just like Yukime." Eve laughed.

"What can I say? They're both incredibly weird." Mina shrugged.

Shizuha stayed with her mother all day, watching her at the bakery. She sat behind the counter, her mind occupied with the paper in front of her. She had drawn a few things, of course to her they were gorgeous, to her mother, she had to explain what they were but Mina eventually saw it's beauty. A strong scent had caught the younger's nose, causing her to scrunch up her nose in disgust. She watched as her mother's nose twitched, but effortlessly dealt with the strong odor.

"Mama." Shizuha whispered. She saw her mother's hand come down from the counter, allowing her to go near her and take in her mother's scent instead of the foul odor she was smelling.

"He needs some scent concealer.." Mina's aunt chuckled after the man had left. Shizuha had her nose still buried in Mina's wrist, inhaling the coconut smell.

"Okay, that's enough." Mina chuckled, raising her wrist away from her kid.

"I thought you had two?" Her aunt chuckled.

"I did, but my dad promised to take Yukime out to the park. It'll kill her energy I hope." Mina sighed.

The two talked more, both of them expressing varying opinions about topics throughout the day. Shizuha watched their dynamic, learning from the two omegas. She wasn't sure she completely understood, but she tried.

Mina watched as Shizuha interacted with the other kids, she was just... Going through the motions, hardly talking to the other kids, not associating with the other omega children, or alpha children. Just sat there by herself, completely content with everything.

"Mama!" Yukime screamed. "I want to swing!" She pointed at the swing set. Mina let out a sigh, letting the child lead her to the swings. She kept an eye on Shizuha, seeing a few kids walk up to her. She gave a small smile while pushing the older of the two. It wasn't until a few minutes later, that she saw a kid push Shizuha down, mocking her. Mina was going to step in, but felt a hand on her wrist. She looked down to see her father holding it.

"See what she does." He whispered. Mina watched, seeing Shizuha begin to submit to the kids. She felt her heart break at the sight. Until another went to push her further into the ground. Shizuha pushed the kid, forcing him onto the ground. The other kids went to gang up on her, but she held her ground, even went as far as punching another kid in the face. When she had finished, she left the group of bullies and sat back in the sandbox, content with digging a hole.

"What the hell does that mean?!" Mina whispered to her father.

"No idea but there's an angry parent yelling at your daughter now." He warned. Mina snapped her head back in her child's direction, seeing the angry parent. She made her way over, careful not to let her anger over take her. Until she saw the parent reach for her daughter's arm.

"Don't you dare touch her." Mina growled.

"Is she your kid?!" The mother shouted at Mina.

"She is. Now back away." Mina hissed. The mother stared at her with wide eyes, taking a step back from the child. "Shizuha, come." Mina commanded. Shizuha looked up at her mother, tears brimming her eyes. She knew that tone of voice... She only used it on her sister, never her. So she listened and walked over to her mother.

"Your daughter punched my son in the face." The other mother tried to match Mina's anger.

"Your son pushed my daughter with his little friends. Multiple times." Mina fired back, she could feel the anger rising in her. The other mother saw the rage building in Mina, she didn't know who this omega was, but she wasn't about to mess with her. "I believe your son owes my daughter an apology." She glared.

"I'm sorry!" The boy cried.

"Shizuha, what do we say." Mina let out a low growl.

"Okay..." She whispered, clutching onto her mother's hand.

"Good. He apologized." Mina mumbled, leading her daughter away from the angry mother. Her father let out a loud laugh, Yukime staring at her sister and mother in awe.

"I wanna be scary like mama!" Yukime giggled.

"I think you scared that little alpha boy to no end." Her father laughed.

"Grandpa, why is mama scarier than alphas back home?" Yukime frowned.

"Because no one messes with your mama." He chuckled.