Chapter Six

I had spent the next few days avoiding everyone. I ditched the last class, knowing Elena and Jeremy both planned to corner me and force me to talk to them. I walked to the small little second-hand bookstore, smiling at the store clerk before walking to the isle I loved, scanning through the titles.

"How my day just got a lot better, how are you darling?" My eyes widened before I slowly turned to see Kol casually leaning against the end of the isle. He smiled at me, flashing me his teeth.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked. I felt my breathing become choppy and wished I had stayed for my last period.

"Well, Elijah forbid me from doing so, but he never said anything about bodily harm." He tapped his lip in thought before taking two strides, closing the distance between us. Fear was hammering me now. Kol picked up piece of my hair, twirling it around his finger.

"You helped put a dagger in my heart. I did consider doing the same to you.....but then remembered that that would kill you. How about we go for a little walk?" He suggested.

I nodded, putting the book back onto the shelf and following him out.

"I must admit, this century has changed. I am undecided if I like it or not."

I nodded, keeping my mouth shut was my best option. I carefully slid my hand into my back pocket to fetch my phone. I was glad that I didn't have a lock on my phone, I wasn't paranoid like Elena. I pulled my phone out, pretending to look around before glancing down and hitting a few buttons quickly.

I followed Kol as we walked toward the cemetery. I felt my confusion morph onto my face before turning to him.

"Darling, you insult my intelligence and that isn't very nice." His hand whipped out, grabbing my hand with the phone before he squeezed it. I cried out in pain hearing cracking sounds. Tears streamed down my face when he finally let go of my hand. The pain was excoriating, he had broken a few bones and I knew it was more then one. I heard a few distinctive cracks. He sighed before shrugging.

"Next time you may wish to give me your full attention and not to some silly device."

Tears were running down my face, I nodded and listened to whatever he way saying to me. My hand was throbbing, I cradled it to my chest, trying to prevent anymore damage to it.

"Come along, this isn't our final destination." He smiled at me.

I followed, keeping a little distance from him. When he stopped, he turned to me with a smile. I flinched and stepped back when he stepped toward me. Fear wracking every nerve in my body. I could feel my body burning too. I could almost feel like smoke was going to be pouring out of me at some point.

He sighed.

"I already hurt you enough to satisfy putting a dagger in my heart. I wish to talk."

"About w-w-what?" I stammered, feeling a few fresh tears run down my face.

"What your little group has instore for us. I would appreciate being able to enjoy a few good years in this century."

I shook my head.

"I don't know anything.....I swear...." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"Well, I can hear that you do speak the truth.....did you intend to kill me that night?" he asked.

I shook my head.

He muttered under his breath before the black veins around his eyes appeared and fangs produced out. Instead of him biting into me like I thought he would do, he bit into his own wrist, holding it out to me.