040

The Plan

The sky is still dark as Namjoon makes his way towards the living room with a heavy sigh, trying not to make a sound as he drops on the couch, tiredly rubbing his eyes.

Everyone else was sleeping soundly but Namjoon seemed to be the only one still awake after hours.

It's not that he didn't want to sleep, he just couldn't. There were too many things on his mind.

Now that their case had been technically solved, given that it wasn't much of a case, and Anpanman had taken over checking out the facilities to gather more information, the detectives were left with too much time on their hands.

Still, there were so many other things to think about. For one, Namjoon is worried about the boys and how to keep them safe, there was also their home to think about, which no longer seemed a safe place to stay at, and there was something else that seemed to be a lot on the detective's mind these days. Something relating to what Yoongi said some time back.

What do EunMin, Tae, and Kook mean to you?

They are my family. And I would do anything to keep them safe.

He knows he will protect them no matter what, however, he's not really sure on how to do that. There is the option to move into a new place since they are been watched, but it would be hard because their current place holds so many memories. Namjoon is not sure if the others would agree with the idea or be willing to try it out.

With these thoughts racing through his mind, Namjoon blankly stares at the ceiling as he waits for the world to wake up, his head tilted back against the backrest of the couch, and after a while, he manages to get some sleep.

The bunny smiles as he sees the detective sleeping on the couch, his mouth slightly open as he softly snores. Jungkook's nose slightly twitches as he gets closer to him, making sure the detective is fully asleep before he makes himself comfortable next to him, slowly resting his head on the detective's shoulder. When the detective doesn't react, the bunny lets himself relax, wrapping his arms around the detective's torso, happily sighing as he listens to the detective's even breaths.

Namjoon lifts his head as he feels something leaning on his chest, smiling when he sees a pair of black ebony ears on the boy's head. The bunny stirs and rubs his eyes as he looks at the detective, front teeth showing as he softly smiles.

"Sorry Kook-ah, did I wake you?" Namjoon asks with an apologetic look, but the bunny responds by shaking his head, hugging him tighter.

"Did you have trouble sleeping hyung?" Jungkook asks lifting his head to look at the detective.

Namjoon freezes on his spot as he hears the question, shoulders slightly tensing as the bunny looks at him with worried eyes. "A bit." He confesses, knowing that it's no use to lie to the boy.

Said boy unwraps himself from him and sits on the couch, shifting so he can see the detective clearly. "Did something happen?" He asks, the detective shaking his head with a slight chuckle.

"No Kook-ah." He says reaching out to pet the top of his head. "There's just something I've been wanting to do for a while now but I'm not sure how to."

"Ahhhh." The bunny says slightly nodding his head, bouncing in his seat as he waits for him to continue.

"I'll tell you later." Namjoon says, trying not to melt down as the boy slightly pouts. "Once Taehyung is up too." He adds slightly raising a brow, succeeding in intriguing the boy.