Hear Me Roar

Warning: abuse ahead. If triggered please skip

Who are the Harper's? I'll tell you who they are....

They are the most ruthless set of people known to walk the face of the earth. Their hearts hold no compassion and they have no remorse. They show no mercy and God forbid you find yourself on their shit list. Are they even human? How can humans be so cruel, so vile and evil? It's possible that they have no soul and are hollow inside. It just so happens that I have found myself at the end of their role and it's not a pleasant place to be, yet I did this to myself. Hurt and pain fueled my anger and I thought I could take them on, erase them and I've never been so wrong in my life. Sadly I realized this too late and it was all too far gone now. There was no apology I could offer to get me out of this, no amount of money could buy my way out. This was it and now I must pay for my ignorance.

Squeezing Rize tight to my chest I stared straight ahead into nothingness. My men laid dead all around me and the nanny was lying in a puddle of her own blood across from me. The one eye that remained intact was open and seemed to be staring at me. If was if she was saying that this was all my fault, that I got her killed. All of them were looking at me, my men, they all were blaming me and they were right. I got them killed. Their blood is on my hands. My hate and anger destroyed everything. Even though I pulled no trigger tonight I murdered all of these people, I was responsible for their deaths. Tears of guilt stung my eye's and I thought about my parents. Was this how it went down for them to? Did they watch their men perish right before their own eye's before the Harper's took their lives? As if he could read my mind King snarled. "Your ending will be much worse than your parent's. They will quick but you.... You will suffer ginger snap".

For the first time I looked up at him and held his eye's with my own. There was no warmth to be found, only dark, deep pools of menace. There was nothing I could say for myself and even if I did no one would believe me. The only thing I could do was to sit and await my fate. Fighting back would be futile as all of the Harper's surrounded me. I didn't stand a chance and if I did fight back it would probably only prolong my death and make it much worse. Suddenly King bent down as to retrieve Rize from my arm's and I moved Rize from his reach and released a tiny mewing sound for my voice didn't work.

With a quick motion of his hand, King called the other's over. Heir and Sire flanked my side's and begin to pull on my arm's. Screaming and holding Rise with all my might I tried to fight back. I tried not to lose my hold on Rize but in the end the two men overpowered me. I watched as King held his son for the first time and a new fear struck me. Sobbing in hysterics I begin to scream. "Please don't hurt him, please. Kill me but please let him live. He's only a baby and innocent. This isn't his fault".

As I continued to plead for my baby's life I watched as King cuddle Rize and smiled down at him. After a few moment's of getting acquainted with his son King passed him to one of his men and my baby was taken from me for good. Stumbling up on my feet I tried to run after the man as I half screamed, half cried. "Don't take my baby away. Don't kill him. What are you going to do to him?"

However I was stopped short by a rough hand gripping my arm. I was flung around to face King and in the next instant I was on the ground as his open palm connected to my cheek. Still, I scrambled up and tried to go after Rize again but this time my feet were knocked out from under me and I fell hard to the ground knocking the wind from my lungs. Fighting the pain, fear and gasping for my breath, I still tried to stand up. My baby needed me. This time I was shoved down to the ground and could feel the skin on my elbows and knees tear. "You stupid fool". King yelled.

" Never would I kill my own child but you on the other hand deserve death. A real death this time. You went too far Frankie. There's no coming back from this but first I have a little treat for you. Since you think you are a queen I'm going to put you up against a real queen. Let's see just how well you can handle yourself then and maybe, just maybe I'll let you see my son before I kill you... And trust me, it will be me that takes the last bit of air from your lungs".

I was confused. I didn't understand what King meant by putting me up against another queen until he beckoned Mizery over. I'm guessing that I was supposed to fight Mizery, the crazy one. Truth be told Mizery always threatened me but this time it was much worse because King wasn't on my side to shield me from her and he knew this. As my mind ran rampant I wasn't paying attention until a fist rocked the side of my head. I can't deny that it wasn't a hard hit. In fact it was the hardest I had ever been hit and a slight dizziness fell over me. Before I could refocus a fist slammed into my mouth and I could taste blood. "What's the matter queen? Don't you know how to fight back bitch?" Mizery taunted.

Fight. I must fight back. I've trained, I can do this or at least die trying. My life depends on it and I must see Rize again. If I can see him again maybe, just maybe I can escape with him. There was no room for losing to Mizery. An instant fire lit my soul and I lunged at her and connected my fist to get jaw. In shock she stepped back as Heir giggled. "Damn Miz, you going to let her do that to you?"

Anger filled Mizey's face and she swung at me but this time I ducked and counteracted with an uppercut. Mizery screamed in the and delivered a round of blows to my ribs. I was able to block some but not all. I'm sure I had a cracked rib or two but I pushed the pain aside. Gripping Mizery in a headlock type vice, I flipped her over my back then pounced on her. "You will not win wacko. I will see my baby even if I kill you, you crazy bitch". I growled.

" Get up Mizery". CJ yelled but I begin to pummel her face.

Eventually Mizery flipped me over and got the upperhand. Right now we was in a battle of strength as we tried to fight the other off. They all was cheering for Mizery and encouraging her and I knew that I was in this alone, that no one was rooting for me. They all wanted to see me die.... But not today. Their chants for Mizery only fueled my determination, that and the thought of my baby. Using my legs, I managed to roll her over and wrap my hands around her throat. "Die bitch". I seethed.

Her face reddened as she tried to pry my hands loose. Bringing her knee to my gut made me topple over. As Mizery lunged for me once again, I rolled away and darted up. Taking advantage of her being down I slammed my foot into her ribs, sides and even head. Raising my leg high, I locked my eye's on King and begin to bring my foot down onto Mizery's neck in hope's of crushing her larynx but before I could I Mizery was jerked away by her husband Aiden. Immediately he started at me and without missing a beat I squared up to him. I was ready for anything. I was Daniel in the lion's den. I was so in the zone I didn't realize that I was crying this entire time, I was just surviving... Surviving the Harper's.

Aiden abruptly stopped as King held his hand up. I stood there covered in blood, sweat and bruises. My chest heaved from pure exhaustion and my hair was a sweaty, stringy mess. The Harper's just stood there in silence gawking at me in disbelief at what they just witnessed. However my eye's remained on King. "Is that the best you have?" I growled indicating that Mizery was too easy.

Not waiting for a reply I stalked toward him and screamed. "My baby now motherfucker".