˗ˋ 01

CHAPTER ONE

-: sixth year :-

CHAPTER ONE✧ -: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE ARRIVES

. . .

"Forty seven.. forty eight..." The counting was quiet, and had been going on quite a while. The hallways were empty of course, it being the first day meant that every single student and member of staff at Hogwarts were locked away in the Great Hall, enjoying what could only be assumed to be a marvellous feast. 

The sound of heels clicking filled the dark corridors, the crash of thunder and lightening providing plenty of background noise for her, disguising the fluttering of wings, all but lighting the way for her. 

"How.. intriguing." The girl stopped by a suit of armour, which seemed to clutch it's silver weapon slightly too tightly for her liking. She suddenly crouched, a long, thin finger trailing across a long, scar-like dent in the wooden base. 

Righting herself once more, another kaleidoscope exploding around her and disappearing into the cracks and crevices of the old castle. Another crash of thunder, soon followed by a flash of lightening illuminated her against the darkness, and she continued to the end of the corridor, finally reaching where she wanted to be.

"Forty nine. Unfortunate." She said briefly, her finger trailing along the rough stone of the wall, stepping out from under the arch, and into what must be the Entrance Hall. "Pretty." Extracting her wand from her jacket, a simply of wave of it caused multiple, glowing butterflies fly from the tip, flying up towards the top of the room, giving her a proper look at it. 

Pandora Rosier had never liked going to new places. It left her with an uneasy feeling, either that something bad was going to happen, or she wasn't exactly welcome there. At Hogwarts, she felt both. 

But she was there until next June at least, and had to choose just how she wanted to play it. Or rather, just go with what she had been thinking of since she appeared at the edge of Hogsmeade that early morning, refusing to take the train and instead spend the day in the Three Broomsticks - a rather quaint inn which had an owner that didn't mind her sitting in a corner with a half empty goblet of butterbeer all day. 

With her alternate method of arriving there came the choice of how to announce herself. Would she just appear in the lessons, confuse others who wondered just who she was? Or would she appear in front of the entire school whilst they ate the feast that signified the beginning of another year. 

A sudden jolt of her finger stopped one of the butterflies in it's tracks, freezing it mid-flight and it slowly fell, eventually landed in her palm. It was a fragile creature, the butterfly, and as Pandora stared at it, she watched in satisifaction as it hardened into gold, and she attached it to the neck of the robes. 

"Pretty." She repeated, catching a glimpse of herself in another suit of armour as she stepped forward. Pandora didn't even need to go near the doors for them to fly open with a crash and another flash of lightening. 

The students within fell quiet, looking up to their headmaster, who was staring across the door. Pandora walked through, and a rumble of murmurs began. She was about to say something to a girl who gave her a look that in any other situation wouldn't have ended well for her, but something caught her eye. 

A glint of something, another badge - perhaps a butterfly. But no, as Pandora's eyes landed on the glittering object, she realised it was only a prefect badge, and her eyes flickered up to the owner of said badge, tilting her head slightly. 

Everyone seemed to watch with some horrified captivation as Pandora walked down the centre aisle, eyes fixated on someone sat at the red table. Murmurs only followed her, and whispers and pointing began when a few butterflies began trailing through the halls to the Great Hall, but all eyes returned to her as the sound of her heels clicking stopped. 

The owner of the badge had turned back to his friends, and Pandora stood behind him, staring down at him. He hadn't seemed to feel her gaze on him yet, but his friends luckily noticed her and glanced up at the space behind him, the boy twisting round in his seat to see what they were staring at. 

It took him by surprise when the girl leant down slightly and grabbed his chin, jerking it up slightly, nails pinching into the skin as she slowly turned his head, glittering eyes examining the long scar across his face. "How pretty.." She murmured, and twisted his jaw a little bit further, the boy staring up at her in shock. "How very pretty.."

"Miss Rosier." A clear voice rang across the room, breaking the somewhat trance that Pandora had fallen into, and she looked away from the boy's face, over to the headmaster, who had stood from his seat. "That's enough." He said.

"Very pretty." Pandora whispered once again before releasing the boy's jaw, leaving him rubbing it and his friends, watching in confusion, slightly angry. "Good evening, Professor." Her eyes had lost that glittery quality and seemed to become pools of nothing, focused upon the headmaster.

"Miss Rosier, I ask that you do not harass any of my students. Your table is over there." Dumbledore said, directing to her to the table of emerald green. Another round of whispers had arose from the mention of her name and Pandora glanced around, eyes landing on the green table, who shifted slightly, moving up to make a space for her at the end. 

"Mother always did say green was my colour." Pandora said, her voice somewhat velvety, heels clicking against the floor as she walked over to the Slytherin table, sitting down in the place they had sectioned off for her, glancing around. "Nobody told you to stop on my behalf." 

And as the feast continued, everyone else going back to their meals, topic of conversation moved to the new arrival - Pandora Rosier's plate remained empty, her knife and fork untouched.