Chapter 54: The mission

Taeil hadn't lied when he said there would be much information to take in but in all honesty Seungmin already knew plenty of the things NCT had found out because he was the one who interrogated Emily, the huntress NCT still held captive as far as Seungmin was aware. Most of the information NCT had received throughout the course of the last weeks had build on the knowledge they had gathered by interrogating her. Still all those information about everything that has been going on probably took a toll on everyone, who wasn't aware already.

Felix was clinging onto Jeongin, trying to stay composed even though he now knew that both of his parents were just tools to the humans. Jeongin along with Hyunjin was just generally shocked how much had happened without them noticing and Chan felt like he had missed more than you could consider good. Byungho on the other hand was unreadable. He just stood by Chan's side being seemingly unaffected by the amount of information he had received but Seungmin knew his older brother was worried endlessly about everyone of his friends and probably was a bit afraid like all of them.

Minho was the one who couldn't sit or stand still right now. The cat hybrid was pacing the room up and down, seemingly lost in his own thoughts while Jisung sat on one of the chairs, staring at the smooth surface of the table in front of him. Changbin was just like Seungmin, he already knew a lot about the current situation of the supernatural world but he didn't know some details, for example how many creatures already died at the hands of the hunters or the fact that two NCT members had been captured at the battle of the Moon pack by no one other than Zendala herself. Hyunjin was still attached to Changbin and he probably won't let go for a long time because now the siren knew how the vampire's parents were murdered. Seungmin had to force the memories of their death away, it was just too terrible to think about for now.

To be frank Seungmin was shocked and scared like everyone else but his head was more occupied with the question why Taeil had left out one rather important information. Nobody of Stray Kids, except Seungmin knew that Zendala wanted Jisung unharmed, hence why Emily didn't even try attacking him when the two had crossed ways at the Sky Clan territory.

Taeil had stayed silent until now, giving the nine of them time to take everything in. Seungmin couldn't help but question himself if the guardian's strange behavior had a certain motive. Maybe he was a terrible person to think that since Taeil gave them what they wanted but right now he was just too calm and distant for Seungmin's liking. It also really interested the redhead what kind of information Taeil took from them. Secretly the redhead prayed to all known gods that the guardian didn't figure out what he really was. The same applied to Byungho even though a part of Seungmin thought the older male would get a more positive reaction than him since he was a mix of something godly good and something hellish evil while Seungmin was just an one hundred percent devilish being.

"It's a lot to take in, I know. Maybe you understand now why we kept most of this hidden from almost everyone, who isn't directly involved in it", Taeil spoke up. Seungmin was ripped out of his thoughts and like everyone else's, his attention was on the guardian with the black hair now.

"It may have been unfair for some of you but we only wanted to protect you", he added, sounding sincere. Seungmin believed the guardian even though he was still a bit suspicious to the redhead for keeping one important information secret but he figured telling everyone that Zendala had some sort of connection to Jisung was a bad idea. The redhead didn't want to imagine how his best friend would react to such news since it most definitely wouldn't be a good one.

"We have to do something about this whole mess. We can't just sit around and do nothing", Minho spoke up, stopping his pacing. The cat hybrid looked at Taeil and Seungmin noted how the older's eyes had turned from a deep brown to a fierce green. Minho himself probably hadn't noticed but it just showed how much the older cat hybrid wanted to do something.