↘︎ chapter eleven

11 | Marauder's Map

The Hallowe'en Feast was a couple of days ago and the DADA professor Quirinus Quirrel found a troll in the dungeons and felt unconsciousness during the middle of the Feast. Eventually, Harry, Ron and Hermione defeated the troll. Marley wasn't really sure how but as first-year students, they did such a great job. After Snape understood of this he wanted to expell the students, but Dumbledore didn't allow it.

"Where are we going?" asked Marley, while Fred and George got the girl out from the Study Hall to show her something. They were heading probably for the Gryffindor common room. The boys tomorrow had a Quidditch match and they didn't seem scared at all. While Marley was. She wanted Gryffindor to win, because the match was against Slytherin.

The three children went upstairs to the portrait of the Fat Lady and said the password for the common room. It was almost empty because most of the students were studying at the Study Hall right now.

"Okay, wait here for a minute." said Fred to the girl, while both the boys went to the boys' dormitory. Marley sighed and wondered what was so important to interrupt the stupid Potions homework she had to do. The girl just sat on the couch and waited imatiently. There were two other children but they left the common room before Fred and George could arrive. And now she was sitting alone, the silence making her company.

Marley was thinking she was going to lose her mind because the boys were taking too long, but she heard fast footsteps and they appeared back, holding a piece of parchment. Marley furrowed her brows. "And that was the important thing? Are you fucking sick?"

"Just listen, Mar." said George, holding the parchment. "We stole if from Filch's office. First year. Yes, your favourite boys did it at only the age of eleven. And that's not everything. It turned out this is a map."

"A map?" repeated Marley like echo and approached the twins, looking at the piece of parchment. It was empty. How this could be a map if it was empty? Unless... "What should I say to unlock it?"

"You're so damn smart, Marley." grinned Fred and grabbed the parchment from his twin brother's hands. "It's easy. I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

Marley looked at the piece of parchment and saw how different shapes were appearing - a castle, letters. The girl recognized it was Hogwarts castle and when she opened it, it was showing lifetime what everyone were doing. She saw Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan at the Study Hall, Harry Potter at the courtyard with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

And when she went back to first page, she narrowed her eyes and read. "Moony, Wormtail, Hoofy, Fluffy, Padfoot and Prongs Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief Makers are proud to present the Marauder's Map. Wait, Marauder's map? My mother is.. was a Marauder. Oh gosh..."

"Wait a minute," stopped her George, quite confused. "Your mother was Brielle Macmillan? Hoofy? Tell me you're kidding."

"I'm not." Marley shook her head. "Actually, I thought you know. I mean, my surname is Macmillan. But that's not important. Why did you decide to show me that?"

"You're our best friend and we trust you." said Fred with a smile on his face. "And believe me, we hardly trust someone that much to reveal so deep secret like that."

Marley was flattered. She had never felt that happy and couldn't stop the growing smile on her face. Since they arrived, all they were talking, was you. She heard the words of her best friend Angelina. Fred and George really like you, Marley. And she was right. The twins really quickly got attached to the girl and they were always with her. Marley was sometimes even wondering how they wouldn't chasing her to her home in the start of the holidays.