Chapter Fifteen

Three chapters in one day!
As always i hope you enjoy this chapter, comments your opinions. They're important to me,

Love you guys,
Saskia :)

Over a week had passed since the night at the theatre. For some reason Noah hadn’t been in school. The last time I had seen him had been in the bar and he had looked perfectly fine. We had been having the same substitute, a grey haired, bossy lady who wanted everything to be perfect. She moaned about almost everything and sometimes wouldn’t let things go. When I had seen him the corridors yesterday he had acted like nothing was going on and had changed direction like it meant nothing. I knew he had seen me, which was the reason he had changed direction and walked away.

Jack and I had grown closer over that period of time. We messaged each other throughout the day and after school he would ring me to see how my day was going. The more I got to know him the more I wanted to spend time with him. He was so sweet. Just the other day when I had been watching television when I heard a knock on my door. It was a shock to see a bouquet of flowers outside my door when I opened it. A note was placed on top of the flowers so that I could clearly see it and there was no possible chance I would miss it. On the note it said,

'Aremor,
These are for you,
I saw them and was immediately reminded of you,
They are so beautiful, just like you.
Jack'

Jack was eighteen and worked at a small acting school where he taught under eighteens. He worked there three times a week on his days off from college and when he wasn’t at college or work he spent his time learning lines for another play he was going to be in or just relaxing. Since the night at the theatre we had met up in town and had gone for a drink in a café.

Afterwards we had decided to go and see a movie together, he bought everything as he refused to let me pay. The movie we had gone to see had been a horror, which I suspected he chose on purpose. At some point during the film there was a scene that scared me and I ended up closing my eyes and clinging onto Jack. He had laughed and put his arm around me and we stayed like that throughout the rest of the movie and I only seemed to notice this when the credits came on. I smiled and moved away; luckily I wasn’t obvious about how uncomfortable I felt. He had walked me to the bus stop and before I had got onto the bus he pulled me into a hug.

We were planning on doing it again tomorrow. The thought sent nerves through me. Hanging out with him would be fun as well as nerve racking. What was going to happen? That was the main question in my head. I wanted something to happen but at the same time I didn’t. Every time I thought of something happening with Jack, thoughts about Noah followed.

Deep down I longed to be with Noah but I knew that it was impossible. I breathed in deeply expecting that, once again, we would have the same old lady teaching us but when I saw Noah sitting there all I could do was smile.

It was at that moment that he decided to look towards the door where I was standing, smiling like an idiot. No emotion came across his face, he just turned back to his computer and carried on typing. I frowned in confusion, what was wrong with him?

“Aremor move!” Someone shouted behind me before pushing me out the way. I stood staring at the floor until everyone had taken their seats and then went to mine, still staring at the floor with a confused look on my face. Had I done something wrong? The last time I had seen him he had been fine with me and even kissed me on my cheek.

“Instead of doing Inspector Calls today we will be practicing writing formal letters.” Noah said whilst handing out two pieces of lined paper to each student. When he came to me he just chucked the paper onto the desk and moved away, I had to act quickly and grab the paper before it flew off the table. I sighed. I wrote the date and my name at the top of each paper and looked up to where he was now standing.“This is what you will be doing, this time I will do the plan for you but next time you’ll have to do one yourself.” He scribbled down what we were writing about, which was about the council wanting to build a new Leisure Centre in the area we lived in. Then we wrote down two plans, one for the people who were for them building it and then the second for people against it. I chose to go with agreeing to the Leisure Centre being built and quickly wrote down the plan he had done. “Write a letter using this and I’ll mark it and give it back to you next lesson.” With that he sat back down and pulled a pen out of his pocket and started marking papers from another class.

I stopped looking at him and began writing. I started with the address, making one up and putting the correct punctuation in it. Then I wrote the first paragraph stating that I agreed with them building the Leisure Centre. Then I wrote a longer version of the plan into five different paragraphs and finished with a conclusion and with 'yours faithfully, Mrs Peach’.

There were only ten minutes until the bell went for lunch and only a few people had finished so I sat staring at the clock, watching the hands move until there was only five minutes of the lesson left.

“Pack away.”  I jumped at the sound of his voice. Normally he sounded happy but today his voice was dull and its usual silkiness now felt like sandpaper to my ears. I packed away slower than everyone else for one reason, I wanted to speak to him. I looked around the room noticing he had covered the windows and the door with posters of books and films. Of Mice and Men, The Hunger Games, Dracula, The Hobbit, Star Wars and Game of Thrones were the posters that covered the room. I smiled at how nerdy it made him seem. “Aremor?”
Again I jumped.

“Yes?” I turned to see that he was standing across from the table and his face covered with confusion and pain, causing me to feel worried. “What’s wrong?” The words slipped out before I could stop them, they betrayed me by being full of the emotions I was feeling. He sighed and sat down on the desk.

“Aremor, I can’t do it anymore.” His voice was full of sadness, which caused me to move closer to him.

“Do what?”

“I can’t be away from you anymore.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I can’t be away from you anymore, it’s too hard but at the same time I know that I have to stay away from you.”

“Why? What have I done? What’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing! That’s the problem, you're perfect.”  I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I brushed it away before he could notice but I wasn’t fast enough. “Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know...is that why you haven’t been at school?” He nodded and looked down. I moved so that I was sitting on the desk next to him, his body became still with my closeness. “Why have you been avoiding me?”

“Because I was angry at myself for what I did on Monday, I hate the way I feel about you. That’s why I’ve been avoiding you, because I don’t want to feel like this, it’s wrong.”

“And how do you feel about me?” I was glad I asked the question but I was worried about what the answer would be.

“Every time I see you my heart starts to race and all I want to do is be close to you. I find myself constantly getting lost in your eyes and wanting nothing more than to kiss you. You’re always on my mind and when I try not to think about you I fail. When i’m away from you I feel empty and I always search the crowd hoping to see your face. Your smile makes me feel warm and that nothing else matters except your happiness. And the worst thing is that I can’t stop these feelings, no matter what I do.” I was speechless; I hadn’t been expecting him to say that. The whole time he held my gaze and didn’t break it intill he had finished. I guessed this was because he wanted to see how I reacted. Maybe he thought I would freak out and run away like last time but instead all I felt was happy.

I reached out and placed my hand on his cheek. As soon as my hand touched his cheek he closed his eyes and sighed, as if my touch took away any pain he was feeling. I cupped his chin and turned his head so he was facing me. I smiled which made him relax. I moved my hand to his cheek again and stared into his eyes, waiting for anything that told me he didn’t want me to do what I was about to do.

I looked down when I felt him grab my free hand in his and pull me closer.

“God help me.” He whispered before closing the gap between us and placing his lips on mine.