It's All Over

Kayla's POV

I woke up by the sound of whispering voices. I opened my eyes to see that I was laying on a hospital bed. Everything came back to me like the rush of waves and I started to wonder what happened after I passed out.

I looked over to the corner of the room where the voices were coming from and I saw Jasmine, Kevin and Lucas. I must have released a breath of air, because all three heads swung in my direction.

Jasmine smiled and walked over to me. "Good, you're awake. You had us all worried." She hugged me, followed by Kevin then Lucas.

"How are you feeling, Kayla?" Lucas asked as he pulled away.

"Like I've been hit by a truck." I said, my lips lifting in a half smile.

Jasmine laughed a little. "That's what I admire about you, Kayla. You have been through hell and you still make a joke." She said and I shrugged. She then looked at me with worry in her eyes. "Carson told us what happened. That bastard is in custody. I can't believe what he thought of doing."

Curious about what happened after I passed out, I frowned. "What happened?"

"Carson came to your house before the prick could touch you. He beat the shit out of them and his parents called the police." She explained.

"He got just what he deserved." Kevin added. "I wish I could have been in that beat down."

I smiled. Knowing Kevin, he would have beaten Allan black and blue for ever hurting me. We were quiet for a while, before I asked. "Where's Carson?"

"He's downstairs in the lobby with a couple of officers." Jasmine related. As soon as she said that, the door opened and Carson entered. Jasmine looked up and smiled brightly. "Look who's awake." She exclaimed.

Carson looked over to me and smiled. His smile made my heart swell as he walked over to me. When he reached me, he sat on the bed and pulled me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him as he placed a kiss on the side of my head.

"We're going to leave you guys alone now." I heard Jasmine say. I pulled away from the hug and smiled at my friends. They waved as they left the room.

I looked back to Carson who was already looking at me. His eyes searching my face. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry for what happened to you." He added softly.

"You don't have to apologize, Carson. It wasn't your fault." I assured him. I really didn't want him to blame himself. If anything I owed him everything. If it wasn't for him, the man would've...I shuddered. I don't even want to think about it.

"Are you okay?" Carson asked as he noticed my shudder. His voice was full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I looked at him again. "I'm just glad you came in time." I said truthfully.

"I will always be there for you. Always." He replied. His words were sincere and I also heard a hint of vulnerability in his voice. I smiled and pulled his face down to mine. I kissed him softly and then pulled away, resting my forehead on his.

"The police wanted to take your statement, but I told them to come back tomorrow when you are released from here." He informed me after a while.

"Thanks." I said gratefully. I didn't think I was in the best state to talk to the police right now. I removed my head from his and look into his beautiful blue eyes. "I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you more."

******

The next day, I was still at the hospital waiting to be released. The doctor told me that I was fine and that I could go home. I was glad for that. He had prescribed some pain medication to relieve the pain in my stomach. He also told me to avoid repeated injury on my stomach and refrain from partaking in sports or activities that stress the abdominal muscles. I had gotten beaten so much that any hard activities on my stomach would cause the pain to resurface. He told me that I had to make it heal properly.