5

Will's POV

Our car stopped in the driveway of our new house. The previous house we had lived in had been demolished after all of the damage it had gone through. It had almost as much trauma as me, I wondered if that qualified me to be destroyed too.

"All ready to go guys?" my mom asked from the front seat. I nodded and El jumped out of the car excitedly. She couldn't help it. I watched her run happily from the car. I stepped out to, calmer than her.

There was a welcoming party of people grouped together by the house. El was already engulfed in someone's arms.

"Will!" my name was shouted from one of them and I walked over. It was Dustin, his goofy smile hadn't changed and he wrapped me up into a fierce hug.

"We missed you! I'm so glad you're back!"

I smiled and hugged back, patting Dustin's back lightly. "I missed you guys too." I murmured.

"Will!" More arms were wrapped around me. It was Lucas, I could tell from his rich laugh. It was still just as warm as before.

They finally released me, all of us beaming at each other.

El broke into the group and engulfed Dustin and Lucas in a hug.

I looked over at the rest of the group. Max and Mike were the only ones I hadn't greeted, the two were eyeing each other a bit icily too. But it's not like they ever got along very well in previous years.

Max caught me eye and came over to hug me, she was gentler than the other too. Her red hair was groomed nicely into a ponytail. She was even wearing some fake pearl earrings.

"Nice earrings," I said as we broke apart.

Max blushed lightly, "I usually wear them," she was defensive. I wondered why.

Finally, I looked to Mike. He met my gaze shyly but walked over to me anyways.

"Hey Will," his voice was breathy.

"Hi," I stepped closer to hug him. Mike seemed a bit nervous at first but hugged me back. I couldn't help but notice the way his arms wrapped around the middle of my back. It was warm.

"I missed you," he whispered. I smiled softly.

We pulled apart.

"I missed, um, I missed you guys too." He seemed stung by my words, by the fact that I addressed the group and not just him. Things were still weird between us, we had still fought, he had still said....that. I wanted to distance myself.

I looked up into his eyes, they were soft, caring, like always. He was gazing at me like he was trying to figure me out. Like I wasn't the same person anymore. Had I changed? Was I different?

Before I could get too uncomfortable from his staring, I opened my mouth.

"Hey, um, I really think we need to talk," I whispered.

I saw Mike swallowed harshly. He nodded, "ok I-"

"Come help unload the car guys!" Dustin interrupted Mike and gestured for us to come over.

I noticed Jonathon shaking his head at my friend, he understood.

I looked back to Mike, who just nodded at me before walking over to help.

I followed.

----

Five fucking chapter everyone.

I keep wanting to pierce my ears and bleach my hair cause I'm feeling bored and reckless.

Hope you like this