Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty:

Bryce's POV

"Is this the sort of place where you guys go on dates?" Charlie asks, closely examining Johnathon's wine glass.

Charlie is quite pissed that he isn't allowed to drink wine too. He was very hopeful until Kathleen gently reminded him that the drinking age here isn't nineteen.

He huffed, which made Blossom laugh, and so it was an enjoyable moment for me since I got to hear her lovely giggle again.

"We've came here a few times. There's a sushi place that we go to much more often because the food is delicious and they do karaoke there as well, which is always fun," I answer Charlie.

He glances at me across the table. "Perks of dating a millionaire," he mutters under his breath.

Blossom perks up at this. "Wait, who's dating a millionaire? I thought you were still seeing Jasmine, Charlie."

All four of us turn to stare at her at once.

Her eyebrows furrow. "Why are you all looking  at me like I've grown a second head? Did you and Jazzy break up, Charlie?"

Charlie glances towards his parents anxiously before he turns to his sister. "Uh, Jasmine and I are still together. Well, we're not really together, but we're still seeing each other."

Kathleen rolls her eyes at her son before looking at me. "Do you and Lexi not discuss money at all?"

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "Not as much as we should."

Kathleen sighs, but Charlie is the one to speak first as he exclaims, "Either way, you're obviously rich as hell! Don't you you how expensive the car is that he drives, Lexi? I wish I could afford a car that nice! It probably costs quadruple what my car costs! And do you realise how expensive a two bedroom apartment as nice as yours costs in this city? He clearly makes a shit ton of money!"

Blossom's eyes widen as she looks between her brother and I. "You're a millionaire?" she asks incredulously. "Whenever people have referred to you as a millionaire, I thought that they were just joking."

I shake my head and give her a sad smile. For some reason, it's making me really fucking uncomfortable to talk about how much money I've made right now.

To my surprise, Blossom simply presses a sweet, chaste kiss to my lips before resting one of her hands on my thighs and squeezing gently. "Why didn't you tell me? I'm proud of you."

I simply stare at her pretty face for a few moments as my brain attempts to catch up to what she had just said.

"Really?" I ask.

She beams at me. "Yeah. I am. You're eighteen and already really successful. That makes me very very very proud."

I grin back at her and she kisses me once more before resting her head on my shoulder. I kiss her hair and then lean my head against her, resting my palm on top of hers on my lap.

"With all that money, I'm surprised that you don't have your own Fifty Shades of Grey red room," Johnathon suddenly mutters.

Charlie goes pale as a ghost and Kathleen nearly spits out her wine.

Meanwhile, Blossom stifles a giggle.

Fuck. She's come so far.

"Did you actually read those books, John?" Kathleen asks smugly.

He sighs, leaning back in his chair. "No. You made me watch the movies. Remember?"

Kathleen laughs and rests her head on her husband's shoulder.