XCVIII

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo, here comes the sun
The Beatles, Here Comes The Sun

It was an odd feeling knowing Anthony would be at the last show, that it would be like how it used to be; Anthony, Kia, Marcus and I taking on Warped.

Waking up early in the morning to get ready and making it to the grounds early so we could be the first in line.

Not caring about the heat and how hot it was to have black clothing on and eyeliner running down our faces. Not to mention how Marcus used to wear so much hair gel and would practically fry his hair till I took my straightener back.

Those are the days I think back on when I miss Tony. Those are the days I try to remember rather than the ones where I left in tears, and he was standing behind my parents.

He's the reason there are no photos of me in the dress I had picked for my prom, a sexy black dress with a slit in the leg and an open back.

But instead of the dress I had almost gotten away with wearing, the photos that deck my parent's house show me in a blush pink ball gown.

"I can't believe you asked that," Kia says as she sits down beside me on the couch.

Marcus is still at the table where he was for the majority of the call.

"I don't even know why I did that; like you said he ruined our lives," I say, looking at Marcus and then at Kia, "he even ruined parts of yours."

Anthony told Kia's parents about her weekly trips to go surfing in Rhode Island and how I had been driving her since she started high school.

Nothing like being yelled at by your parents when you are a grown-ass adult to make you question your life choices, but then again, I was doing that before they started yelling at me.

Every day was a game of what will go wrong, and what fantasy would I dream up?

None of the daydreaming put me in the place I am in now, but that's okay because this is better than any dream I could think of.

"Like you said he's family, he knows better than anyone what we have been through and not to mention he left the family business. Do you think any of us could do that?" Marcus questions and he's not wrong. Neither of us had the same pressure put on us as Anthony did.

He was the firstborn, which meant from the time he was conceived, that was the plan for him.

Marcus and I were a different story; mine was to bring businesses together and build connections; meanwhile, they didn't have a plan for Marcus at the time of his birth. He is what we call an oops and why you should always use two forms of birth control.

They did find a plan for him later on when our parents saw how great he was at sports and that's how Marcus almost ended up playing football for Boston College.

The same school my dad had gone to, as well as the school Anthony attended.

I got out of going to the family legacy school by getting accepted to Columbia and Will agreeing to move to New York so that he could "watch" me.

We both enjoyed being away from our families, and I can say those four years were the best years of my life, mainly since Will was occupied with work, and I was able to live a somewhat healthy college life.

"Are we ready to forgive and move on?" Kia asks, looking at each of us.

"I think so. It doesn't mean we have to be best friends with him." I tell them, "we will enjoy the last run of Warped, and then we will see where our lives take us. Kia back to Hawaii to live her dream of being a pro surfer and Marcus back to Dublin to study art."

I haven't talked to Marcus about his plans for him and Lucas, I don't want to pry, but I know that Marcus has his heart set on Europe and with Lucas being in the band I'm not sure how they will make it work.

For now, they are relying on the European tour to spend time together, something that will eventually end.

Something I don't want to point out.

"Well, are we going to get coffee or not?" Marcus asks, standing up and heading out of the bus.

Kia follows suit while I send a quick message to let Erik know that we were leaving, so he isn't wondering where we were when he comes back from wherever he and the rest of the guys wandered off to.

Getting coffee?

He texts back to me.

Yeah, do any of you want any?

I think Marcus and Kia want to do some exploring too so I can get it on our way back.

I text him back as I grab my purse and head out the door.

I think we are okay. We had to do a business call, so we found a cafe nearby. Enjoy your day out.

We should be back in time for your set. I'll call you later.

Sounds good.

"Ready?" Kia asks as she bumps her hip with mine.

"Ready." I smile as we head towards the gates where our waiting Uber is.

"Did you tell Erik yet that his last show on the tour is also your family reunion not to mention he now also has a sister in law?"

"No, I told him I would call him later. He said they are at a cafe doing a business meeting which, if I had to guess, is about the tour in the fall. I know Erik was talking about his cousin's band opening for them, but I don't know if that was ever finalized."

"I think Lucas said something about having to book more days as the shows were selling quick."

"I'm just happy things are starting to finally work out for those boys."

My phone buzzes in my pocket as we pile into the Uber. Pulling out my phone, I see I have a text from Erik.

Meet me after the show, bring a coat.

Aesthetic by LilBlackRoses
Edited by GirlReader133