C

And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
~ My Chemical Romance, Helena 

I hold Erik's hands, feeling them shake from nerves.

"I could have driven." I offer a small smile.

I know that Erik didn't get much sleep last night, no matter how much I tried to comfort him.

I know today is going to be a very emotional day, the last day of The Warped Tour.

West Palm Beaches will be filled with teenagers and adults alike trying to soak in the last of an era.

I didn't attend it every year, but I would watch the videos on youtube and follow the bands through their social media accounts, but after today that will be all over.

Everything the boys and even Scarlett have worked towards has come to this moment.

Their dreams will be fulfilled, but I don't think they ever believed that their first time would also be their last.

I was hoping for another summer, at least.

This tour has shown me so much love not only for the band but also for myself.

I finally felt like I was living. I finally felt free of the shackles of the Lexington name.

"I need to focus on something else besides the show tonight." Erik says as he looks over at me, "I truly didn't think this would ever end."

I squeeze Erik's hand in reassurance, "nothing lasts forever."

"I never thought I would be meeting your other brother, either." Erik laughs. He was shocked, to say the least, when I had told him the news of Anthony calling us and wanting out and that I had offered for him to come to the last show.

"I hope my decision won't wreck this." I blow out a breath, trying to get rid of all the adverse events running through my mind.

No one is wrecking this.

"As long as he doesn't hurt you and he's not a stuck up asshole, he's fine."

"Oh, he's a stuck up asshole." I laugh, "he looks like he stepped off the cover of Ivy League Alumni or some trust fund magazine."

"It is amazing how your family produced so many fucked up kids." I scoff at Erik's comment.

"Says you, you're pretty fucked up too."

"Gives you a personality."

I roll my eyes at Erik as I see the smirk dancing on his lips.

"What?"

"Our whole circle of friends are fucked." Erik blurts out, laughing, "name one sane person or someone who hasn't fucked another person up."

"I was gonna say Isla, but she cheated on Kyle, and she also had a lot of homesickness."

"See? We surround ourselves with fuck ups and outcasts."

"Isn't that why you and Devon started the band? For fuck ups and outcasts?"

"Exactly, and that is why we are going to play the best damn concert tonight, and we are going out with a bang."

"I swear if you catch fire, you're on your own. I'm not putting it out."

"You always set me on fire, I'm always burning near you." Erik smirks, "especially when you make that move you did last night."

"Alright, enough, we have another hour and a half." I roll down my window to let some fresh air in and to drown Erik out.