Chapter 35 - Comeback

After the whole story, you, Taehyung, and Hoseok hung out for a little while and then Hoseok took you back home. You went back and figured out how to do your assessment. You went back out to the rocky shoreline where you and Jimin had met the other day to make sure of something before you started again.

Your nerves were on end since you didn't want to see Ateez again, so you keep a close eye on everything around you. Listening closely, you kept walking to find what you needed. You knew you should be here, but you needed to get this done. You quietly continued searching between the rocks.

You paused for a moment to just think for a second. You listened to the waves crash against the rocky shore. You focused on the waves when you heard something.

Footsteps, splashing against the rock rocks.

You panicked. No one ever comes here so it had to be Ateez. Do you stay hidden where you are or try to run away? Do you see where they? How close were they? Is there more than one?

You took in a shaky breath and tried to think. Maybe you could divert them. You carefully looked to your side and found a loose rock. You carefully placed your fingertips around it before pulling it up and adjusting it in your hand.

With as much strength as you think would be less obvious, you throw the rock in a direction in front of you. You heard it bounce off rocks and splash into the water.

Your breathing was uneasy as you didn't hear the footsteps. You pressed your back up against the rock and looked up at the sky to quiet your breaths.

You sat like that for a moment. Maybe they went away? You closed your eyes and let out a deep breath. Opening them again and just breathing, calming down from your panic.

Hongjoong's face appeared above you, smirking.

Your heart dropped. You quickly backed out in the open water. His eyes followed you, his smirk never faltering. You kept backing away slowly before you felt a good enough distance away.

"Do you really think we're that stupid?" Hongjoong stated menacingly. The same 2 pirates from yesterday appeared behind Hongjoong.

"I knew I heard you." The blonde one stated. His eyes were more piercing than Hongjoong's. His smirk dropped.

"There's no one here to save you now. You're not getting away from us this time."

They jumped down and charged at you. You couldn't move, frozen by fear. You couldn't run anyways. Where would you go? They only thing you muster was covering your face with your arms, waiting for impact.

Water was heard rushing past you.

You opened your eyes to see Ateez being flown back against the rocks. You let out the breath you didn't know you were holding. You turned around to where it came from.

Namjoon.

Hand still out in front of him, and his eyes directed towards Ateez. He makes eye contact with you and smirks. You give him a smile of relief. He moved closer to you. You turned back to Ateez.

You watched as Hongjoong rose to his hands and knees, glaring at you. The other 2 rose to there feet and stood on either side of him. Hongjoong huffed with frustration. He turned and looked up at the blonde, sharing a look, before turning back to you and standing.

They began walking back. Hongjoong took a few steps backward, still facing you, before turning around and walking normally. They all turned down the beach, opposite of where you were came from.

You sighed and turned to Namjoon. You laughed slightly.

"Where did you come from?"

He smiled at you.

"I came with Jungkook to the beach house. When Jungkook never heard you answer, we got concerned. Jimin told us you were working on a project and were looking over here so I came to look for you, and I'm glad this is where you were."

"Yeah. Thanks for saving me." You got down to his level and hugged him. He was slightly taken back by your action but still hugged you back.

"I did promise to protect you, did I?"

You let out a breath and nodded into his neck. Eventually, you both pulled away.

"Here, I'll take you back."

"Ok."

And with that, you both headed back to the beach house.