t h i r t y n i n e

Melissa's POV

As the game ended, I lifted myself from the seat and cheered in amazement with the crowd

As the game ended, I lifted myself from the seat and cheered in amazement with the crowd. The Giants won the game, on account of Troy's winning touchdown. I took in the atmosphere of the excited crowd and stared at the winning score that flashed on the Jumbotron.

I grabbed a compact mirror out of my purse to check out my hair and lip gloss, everything was still perfect. Placing the mirror back in my purse, I grabbed my phone and saw no missed calls from James. I received a picture from Mark & Geneva, showing me that Kylan was enjoying the bananas that were all over his face. 

I quickly responded to the message and placed the phone back in my purse. I walked down to the locker rooms and waited outside for Troy. "Ayo Mel!" I heard a voice call out as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. I looked up and saw Troy walking toward me with a duffle bag in his hand.

Troy quickly pulled me into an embrace. I could tell he was fresh out of the shower because I could still smell the soap he used lingering on his body. "Thank you for coming" he spoke in my ear as he towered over me and kissed my cheek. I pulled away from his embrace and stared in his dark brown eyes that beamed directly into mine. 

Taking in his facial features full of happiness, all I could do was smile, "you're welcome" I replied. Media reporters came rushing in to take pictures and ask questions, Troy walked me over to the side to get away from the chaos, "So, how did I play?" He asked. I chuckled, "Now Troy..." my voice trailed off. "Come on man, talk to me" he joked lightly nudging me. "You played alright" I laughed. Troy's facial expression quickly changed from playful to serious.

"You serious?" Troy asked with a furrowed brow. A cool breeze came upon us. I pushed my hair behind my ears, "you know I don't know much about football Troy." I said on a serious note. Troy quickly flashed his smile and chuckled, "You know I'm just playing with you girl" he said poking my side. I rolled my eyes. "I'm just glad you showed up to support me" Troy said taking my hand. "Come on, let's go get something to eat. Let's head to the parking garage" he said as we walked towards our cars.

**

"What are you in the mood for?" Troy asked as we began to walk out of the stadium. My mind was so cluttered thinking if coming to the game was a good decision, let alone being out with such an attractive man who didn't have to say much to get my attention. We continued to walk as my thoughts roamed, "Mel" Troy called out. 

Stopping in my tracks, I turned around and noticed Troy was far from me. "Why'd you stop walking?" I asked. "The car is right here, I'll drive. We'll come back to get yours" he said. "Oh, okay" I said unamused. As I walked to the car, Troy followed close behind me as I could smell the intoxicating scent of his cologne. As he opened the door for me to get in, I could tell he was staring. I looked up at him and noticed he stood with the door opened smiling. "You blushing Mr. Beckham?" I chuckled? "Nah, just admiring the view?" he spoke slyly before closing the door.