•|| Chapter 16 ||•

" Ah, I forgot to mention, this child here is the daughter of Shiratorizawa's principal, she'll be here until the end of camp. " Coach Takeyuki pat your head after introducing you to them.

But before the owl-looking boy could come near you, you were suddenly picked up by someone.

You turn around and see Kuroo and his team. " Churoo! " You smile and give him a hug, earning a pat on the head.

" Ah, Churoo, was it? " Bokuto repeated, " Yep, that's my nickname. " Kuroo confidently replied. " And who's this little guy? " Bokuto's eyes met with yours, a smile placed on his lips.

" Her name's ___, " Kuroo paused, suddenly holding you under your arms.

" AND SHE'S ADORABLE!! "

" I KNOW, BRO!! "

Kuroo excitedly shook you in front of Bokuto, who had an admiring look on his face.

" KUROO, YOU IDIOT!! " Yaku snatched you away from Kuroo and kicked him. " Ouch- " Kuroo flopped on the floor, losing his balance. " Kuroo should never handle ___ again, Yaku. " Kenma suggested as Yaku worriedly checks if you were okay.

" Hey, hey, hey. We still haven't introduced ourselves, Yaku. " Bokuto approached Yaku, wanting to play with you. " Tch. You better not do anything stupid, " He turned to Akaashi, who nodded as if saying ' I'll watch him. ' Handing you over to the owl, he sighed and walked back to the others to rest, they did jog after all.

" Whoa!! You really are adorable. " Bokuto studied your facial features while holding you in his arms. " Bo... " You couldn't say this name because he was squishing your cheeks, " What was that? " He stopped, an excited look on face.

" Bokuto!! " You chirp and smile widely, raising your arms high. " Akaashi!! Did you hear that!? She said my name!! " Bokuto turned to Akaashi, stars of happiness seen in his eyes. Akaashi nodded, " That's great, Bokuto-san. "

Your eyes widened at the sight of Akaashi, your heart beat quickened, as if falling in love at first sight. " A..kaashi? " You repeat the name, Bokuto mentioned. " Hm? Do you need anything? " He turned to you, his soft and pretty eyes looking at you. You couldn't help but hide your face into Bokuto's chest, somehow, you felt shy at the moment.

" ___, what's wrong? " Bokuto asked as you shook your head. " Maybe she's tired. " Bokuto looked st Akaashi with a concerned expression. " Don't worry, Bokuto-san. She's probably just shy around new people. " Akaashi slightly smiled. 

" Okay then!! I can play with her later, right?? " He asked as Akaashi nodded. Putting you down and thinking you wanted to leave, Bokuto pat your head and turned around to start playing volleyball.

But then you grasped onto his leg.

" Huh? I thought you wanted to go? " Bokuto seemed confused, looking down at you. You shook your head, avoiding eye contact with the person who made you all shy and quiet. " Then, let's introduce ourselves!! " Bokuto suggested as you looked up at him with a nod, staying behind his leg.

" Tatsuki Washio. "

" Sarukui Yamato. "

" Akaashi Keiji. "

" Akinori Konoha. "

" Wataru Onaga. "

" I'm Haruki Komi. "

" And of course, me, Bokuto Kotaro!! " He raised his arms as if he was triumphant. Although they all seemed uninterested in you except for Akaashi, Bokuto and Komi, you were happy that you had more friends.

" Play..? " You look up at Bokuto, whose eyes suddenly turned even more thrilled than before. " You wanna play with me?? " He swiftly picked you up and you nodded, earning a warm hug from him. He squeezed you a little tight making you squeak, but you didn't mind as long as he was happy.

" Let's go then!! " He says, running towards one of the empty courts with his team behind him and you comfortably in his arms.

It was gonna be a long day.

•♤•

" It's been 4 hours since they've been playing, that's amazing... " Yamaguchi looked in awe. " They're exactly like kids. I'm more surprised how that thing is keeping up with them at that age. " Tsukishima adjusted his glasses as Yamaguchi raises a brow, " A thing, you mean ___? " Yamaguchi pauses, remembering something, " You're still calling her a thing, even if earlier you were jealous because she was with the other teams? "

Tsukishima flinched, " S-Shut up, Yamaguchi, I just don't trust the other teams with children. " He folded his arms, trying to avoid the fact that he was indeed jealous. " Why don't you join them then? " Yamaguchi suggested, flashing a smile at the taller boy.

" They're not even playing volleyball. They're just passing and tossing. "

" Well, that's because ___ is near. "

" I get that, but doesn't that bore them? "

" I don't think so. Especially when they see ___ with that cute smile and they hear her excited giggles. " Yamaguchi paused, scratching his cheek gently, " Don't you think so too? " He asked as the blonde only sighed, a noticable blush on his cheeks.

" Go, squishy!!  " Hinata passes the ball to you, preparing yourself to toss, you bend down slightly and jump as high as you can, tossing the ball to Bokuto as he spikes it down as hard as he could.

The satisfying sound of the ball hitting the floor making you feel proud of yourself. " Hey, hey, hey!! " Bokuto yells proudly, looking to you and Hinata, " You're awesome, Bokuto-san!! " Hinata says excitedly as you nod along, unable to repeat what he said. " I know. " He confidently says, giving you and Hinata pats on the head.

" Can I join too? " A familiar voice asks, making the 3 of you turn around, you see Kageyama. " Berry!! " You run towards him and jump into his arms. " Hi, giggles. " He greeted, looking at you an odd...smile?

" We don't need you anymore, Bakageyama, we already have a setter. " Hinata informs, taking you from Kageyama, you didn't mind but you were confused if they were fighting or not.

" Where?? " He asks, furrowing his eyebrows and looking around. " You're looking at her. " He says, holding you in his arms as Bokuto and Akaashi watches in the background.

It took a while for Kageyama to answer.

" You!? A setter!? " He laughed, as Hinata became even more confused.

" Wait, not me, ___!! Also I said " she " You idiot!! " He retorts, as Bokuto in the background laughs loudly with Akaashi giving him a weird look.