57. no sanctuary

57. no sanctuary

 no sanctuary

MILO

     'THEY SEEMED NICE ENOUGH, BUT I WAS ready to go. We just got here but, damn, it was time to go. When I told them about D.C., a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge they pulled their guns and it was right back to our regularly scheduled shitstorm,' Abraham's voice echoed through the dark trailer.

Milo listened in silence while sharpening the buckle of his belt on the hard wood floor. Everyone was busy making makeshift weapons out of everything they could get their hands on.

'Before they put you in here, you didn't see Tyreese?' Sasha questioned, looking at Michonne.

'No,' this one replied.

'Good.'

Milo threw a look over his shoulder at Quinn who was sitting in a corner with Daryl and Maggie by her side. She was removing the zipper from her jacket and sharpening the edges on the wall, turning it into a small but painful whip. While Daryl told Maggie what had happened to Beth, he could just make out the last part of his sentence. '...black car with a white cross painted on it. We tried to follow it. We tried.'

'But she's alive?' Maggie questioned.

'She's alive,' Quinn spoke firmly and she sounded like she truly believed it. Her words made a smile appear on his face. Clearly the teenage girl had awoken a flame of hope in his sister's heart. For which he could only be thankful.

Milo turned back to look at the door in front of him, leading to their freedom. Voices drifted through the walls from outside, people talking to each other on the radio.

'Alrigh',' Daryl suddenly spoke up. He had walked over from the corner of the trailer car to look through the cracks next to the door. 'There are four of 'em pricks comin' our way.'

'Ya'll know what to do,' Rick said, walking up towards the door. 'Go for their eyes first, then their throats.'

Milo stood up, taking the buckle firmly in his hand. He looked around, seeing everyone had taking a stance with their makeshift weapons firmly in their hands. The chance of them escaping was small, yet they had to try. Giving up was not something they were accustomed to.

'Put your backs to the walls at either end of the car. Now!' A male voice shouted from outside.

They all shared a glare together, not moving one inch as they focused back on the door. A small frown appeared on his face however upon hearing footsteps above them. He looked up to see someone opening a window in the roof and throwing what looked like a can inside.