60. confessions

60. confessions

 confessions

MILO

     THE DOOR OF THE CHURCH OPENED, making him turn around sharply, his heart was beating in his throat. Sasha, Rick and Tyreese entered, their expressions answering every question swirling around in his head. He exhaled slowly, sitting down on one of the benches again, his head in his hands.

Quinn, Daryl, Bob and Carol were missing. After the feast they had last night he realised his sister was gone. And soon it became clear that she wasn't the only one. The group had broken up in search parties but so far no one had found them.

'Stop,' Sasha's voice broke through the eerie quietness of the church, making Milo look up. She was staring at the priest as if he had committed a crime. 'What are you doing?'

Gabriel frowned at her, looking around with a confused glare on his features but Sasha wasn't that easily fooled. 'What are you doing?' She pressed. 'This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched and now four of us are gone.'

'I...' the priest stammered. 'I don't...I don't have anything to do with this.'

Suddenly Sasha reached for her belt, pulling out a knife as she took a step forwards.

'Don't!' Rosita warned her.

'Sasha, put it away,' Tyreese spoke calmly, taking a step towards his sister but she didn't listen and instead took another step closer to the priest.

'Who's out there?' She questioned.

Gabriel raised his hands in defense, stumbling back nervously. 'I don't have anything to do with this,' he repeated.

'Where are our people?' Sasha growled at him, a dangerous gleam in her eyes.

'I don't have-' 'Where are our people!' She screamed, her voice echoing through the church, the sound made him wince.

Gabriel kept on repeating he had nothing to do with it until finally Rick stepped up, carefully pulling Sasha behind him while his eyes stared daggers at the priest.

'Please, I...' 'You working with someone?' Rick interrupted his pleas.

'I'm alone,' Gabriel quickly said, as if hoping that giving answers faster would somehow save him from their leader, 'I'm alone. I was always alone.'

'What about that woman in the food bank, Gabriel?' Rick asked, taking a step closer towards the man. 'Why did you do to her? "You'll burn for this." That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for Gabriel?' Suddenly he reached out, taking the priest by his collar, bringing his face dangerously close. 'What? What did you do?' Rick shook him, shouting now. 'What did you do!'