|| F O U R T Y- S I X ||

It was an arduous journey, three long nights of traveling in the carriage and horses has long work out the soldiers.

But they knew their master's are in a much worse condition.

The search for the red witch wasn't an easy feat. It requires knowledge about the forest terrains, the magical barriers and the strength to keep going even if it'll take them a month or so.

Meanwhile inside the carriage, the man was seen gently holding the woman in his lap, his eyes were warm as if spring was in season, but it suddenly turn cold when the woman still lay unmoved.

"When will you wake up?" His hoarse voice resonates his pain but alas, the woman remained asleep.

"Don't worry, after this, we'll be going out for a vacation. You, me and the twins, we'll celebrate your birthday too"

That's right, it will be her twenty fifth birthday this following month but the celebrant is still asleep.

"Master, we have reached a magical barrier" a man suddenly said as Alec gently place his wife on the soft mattress and went outside.

"Look out for her" he coldly order to the masked man.

He walk towards the barrier, the old man who was well verse in magic was brought or well, kidnapped by him. He was searching on his bag for a counter measure to the barrier.

He must break it or else his head will be the one who will break.

The silent forest suddenly became eerie and a wisp of fog can be traced surrounding the group of soldiers. The suddenly, a gust if wind blew their swords as they stood shocked but nevertheless remained calm in the outside.

They are not normal soldiers, they were trained personally by their master, the general commander of the royal army.

"Hihihihi~" a high pitched voice of an old woman was heard.

It continued for a minute, the old man was suddenly high up in the air, screaming for help.

"Help! My-my l-lord! H-help!"

Alec grew much more alarmed when his sight turn towards the carriage. He marched towards it and was blocked by a magical barrier.

"Red witch! Don't you dare lay a hand over her!" He shouted, his voice was agitated and was full of anger.

He was treading in thin ice, he knew that. He should be careful but he was too muddle headed when it comes to her.

"Hihihi~ The general seems to love this pretty lady so much. I wonder how much you're willing to pay for me to save her" her words sent a chilling gaze on her but she didn't mind.

She's the red witch after all.

She was sought after by men and women. For power, health and beauty. She was the only person who can achieve that, but with a heavy price.

"I'm willing to give you my family's crest"

Gasps were heard and many soldiers back were suddenly taught from their master's words. How can he easily gave his family's crest? Did he turn into a fool now.

"Oho~ what a generous young man. But you know my rules. An answer for a riddle" the red witch smile widely and suddenly plucked a strand of hair on the woman asleep.

As expected, the man grew aggressive and sliced through the magical barrier but to no avail, he failed.

"Don't you touch her again" he's seething, his eyes were like fire burning the witch from his glare.

"Now, now, don't be angry. Let's talk inside my house"

And with a single click of her finger, he and his wife was sent inside the red witch's lair.

...

"Oh, she's been cursed"

Her words cemented the confusion Alec was having before he came here. So she was cursed, and he knew who it was.

He was just too laid back, thinking that everything is going well.

"Her soul is leaving her body bit by bit, I'm afraid by next week, all we have is a body with no soul"

Her words cause a large ripple on the man's eyes, he gripped the arm chair while ponder deeply.

It has divert into a new lane.

It was all new to him, he was now like others.

Unaware.

She was peacefully sleeping, unaware of the turmoils her husband was facing right at this moment.

It was unlike her he knew, because she was always vibrant, so full of life. But now, she's like a living statue, living like a corpse.

"But I'll be able to save her, if she wanted too"

"What do you mean?" His brows were scrunched up together while he look at the red witch concocting her new batch of medicine.

"You know what I mean"

Her words felt like a bomb, that's right, he knew it.

He already knew it right after he set his eyes on her.

"Her soul is not from here did you know?"

"I know"

***
Hey! Don't bombard me with questions okay? It will be answered in the latest chapters!!

Thank you again people! I seriously adore all of you!

We're down to 80k reads people! Just a bit more!!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!