68. open up your eyes

 open up your eyes

QUINN

     SHE WAS DANCING. A THOUSAND COLORED lights were illuminating the floor around her. Music was vibrating through her bones and a pleasant numbness that only drugs could provide was floating through her veins.

Her eyes were closed while her body swayed to the rhythm of the music, her entire world at peace. No screaming, no anger, no death just her and the music.

The bruises that colored her skin seemed a lot worse than they usually were and she frowned upon moving her arm, a sharp pain lingered there and she could not remember feeling before. She hated that the drugs weren't numbing it. Maybe she needed more. She opened her eyes, looking around through the mass of colors and dancing shadows.

Stumbling forwards she tried to make her way to the bar, pushing herself through the dancing crowd around her while the music only seemed to grow louder.

Quinn didn't mind.

The louder it was, the more she felt alive.

The dancefloor was home, she had made it so when her father had crushed her ballet dreams. He couldn't crush this. She ran away and wasn't planning on returning, ever.

The walk towards the bar seemed to take endless. There didn't seem to be an end to the dancing crowd, the heated bodies, the loud music. Suddenly she wondered if she was going the right way. She tried to remember which way the entrance of the club was but couldn't get a grip on her thoughts. They were spinning through her mind like the ballerines she liked to watch spin around on stage.

This was how she liked it, feeling like the entire world was gone and all she had to do was dance.

But then why kept her arm aching so bad?

Annoyed with the pain she kept on pushing through the crowd, yearning for the relief of feeling the drugs entering her bloodstream.

Suddenly she stopped in her tracks as she tried to remember the last time she'd been in a club. The last time she had danced on clouds with sunlight in her veins. She didn't know, she couldn't recall it.

Panic came alive within her, crawled around in her stomach like a living beast trying to escape a cage. She pushed the dancing crowd that surrounded her aside, stumbling around blindly, desperatly searching for an exit. A sob left her lips. The monster within her had crawled up to her chest, soon it would reach her heart and she was pretty sure she'd been dead when it did.