Chapter 1

•ADALYNN•

Waking up I can hear talking downstairs. Getting up I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and take a shower before walking out of my room and going downstairs.

"Just who I needed to see". My dad said as soon as I stepped off the last step.

"Umm, why what did I do". I ask looking at him with a confused face.

"Nothing sweetheart just take a seat". He said patting the spot next to him.

Sitting down I look over at the man on the other couch.

"Hi nice to meet you". I said lifting up from the couch to give him a handshake before sitting back down.

"She's very sweet and well mannered". The man said smiling at me genuinely and I did the same.

"She's always been that way since she was a little girl". My dad said looking over at me proudly.

"So what's going on". I ask looking between the two men.

"You know it's our tradition where we pick our daughter's husbands once they turn 18". My dad said and I nodded my head.

"Well I was talking to Solomon here and he thinks you'll be perfect for his son". My dad said looking over at Solomon and he nodded his head.

"When do I get to meet the son". I ask looking between the two.

"He should be pulling up now". He said looking down at his phone.

There was a knock on the door and my dad stood up.

"Wassup". I heard a deep kind of voice say.

"How you doing son". My father said before I heard them making their way to the living room.

"This is my daughter Adalynn and this is Demario".My dad said introducing us to each other.

"Nice to meet you". I said sticking my hand out for him to shake it.

"Wassup". He said taking a seat by his dad.

I slowly put my hand down as they started talking again.

"Adalynn did you hear me babygirl". My dad asked tapping my shoulder.

"No sir what did you say". I ask looking over at him.

"I said you're hanging out with Demario today so you guys can get to know each other since y'all will be married and everything". He said with a small smile.

"Okay". I said quietly as I looked over at Demario.

"Go get dressed I leave in 20". He said pulling out his phone.

Standing up I walk up the stairs to my room and get dressed. As I was in the middle of doing my hair Demario walks in looking around before laying back on my bed.

"You know this shit ain't real right". He asked looking at me through the mirror.

"Well, it kind of is since we will be married for real". I said looking back at him through the mirror.

"We not in no relationship so I'm going continue to do what the fuck I want". He said sitting up and I turned around looking at him.

"I'm not sure what type of time you're on but I'm on whatever you're on you want to get embarrassed then try me". I said turning back around to finish my hair.

"Let's go". He said standing up and walking out as I followed him.

I was going to tell my dad I was leaving but they were already gone so I just lock the door and get in the car.

"Where are we going". I ask looking over at him.

"Don't ask me no fucking questions". He said and I scrunched my face up.

I decided not to say anything because I don't feel like arguing.

|35 minutes later|

Getting out of the car I follow Demario into a house and people were standing around talking and whatnot.

Walking into the living room he took a seat and I sat right beside him.

"Hey, baby". A girl said coming and sitting on his lap.

"Wassup". He said biting his lip looking her up and down.

Scoffing I get up and walk to the backyard. Looking around I see some lawn chairs so I got take a seat in one and get on my phone.

"You here alone". I heard a voice say beside me.

"No, I'm here with my fiancé". I said looking over at the person.

"Cool I'm Trent I'm here with my boyfriend". He said and I nodded as he took a seat beside me.

"So who's this fiancé". Trent asked as I closed and put my phone down.

"Demario". I said and he shook his head causing me to give him a confused look.

"Why you shake your head". I ask turning my body towards him.

"Girl you're his 5th arrangement". He said and my eyes got wide.

"Well, what happened with the other ones". I ask staring at him.

"Two of them he killed and the other three called it off". He said as my eyes went wide again as my mouth dropped.

"That is crazy". I said looking down at the ground trying to think if this was a good idea.

"Don't worry I think y'all will last". He said and I gave him a small smile.

He starts to talk about what Demario does and how the girl that sat in his lap is his girlfriend but his parents don't approve of her that's why they aren't the ones getting married.

This is a lot of information to take in...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE