Chapter 9

Lauren was at Dinah's place as she went upstairs.

"Heard you were sick DJ." Lauren called out opening the door to see Dinah watching TV.

"Oh yeah- I'm sick- alright." Dinah faked cough.

"What the hell, you're not sick!" Lauren chuckled.

"Nah, I just wanted to get a marathon of catching up to The Vampire Diaries in." Dinah laughed.

"You told Camila you were sick though?" Lauren asked curiously.

"Yeah, that girl needs to stay with Chaddy. I don't really trust him alone or when his girlfriend isn't there, hoii."

"What? Is he cheating or something?"

"Don't know, he has that vibe. He'll come over, check his phone, and quickly make an excuse and leave. But, Mila went over to his house one day where he said he'd be and he wasn't there! The nerve!" Dinah exclaimed with a scoff.

"What!" Lauren exclaimed.

"She deserves better," Lauren added in.

"Yeah she does, I'm team Lauren all the way, you know that. But girly, right now you're interrupting the catching up marathon." Dinah motioned to the TV.

"Oh sorry! I have to leave for work anyway."

"Nah, I was just joking with ya Laurenza. You could've stayed here with me."

"Well, I'm already caught up with TVD, should I just spoil it the whole time?" Lauren smirked.

"Wait....no! Don't spoil it or I will go poly on you." Dinah stared down Lauren.

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving now!" Lauren laughed, leaving Dinah's place.

-

"You don't work today," Caitlin said looking at Lauren.

"Too bad. I'm staying." Lauren grinned.

"Well, today's a slow day and Jess is working today. Careful, she's a flirty girl."

"I can handle it." Lauren scrunched her nose.

"Okay, babe." Caitlin laughed.

Lauren worked up at the counter, it was really slow. Really slow.

In walked Chad and Camila hand-in-hand while Lauren was making some coffee, her back turned to them.

"Hey, weren't you here ear-" Caitlin said but was interrupted as Chad cleared his throat.

"We'll get the popular choice here. That's all." Chad stated.

"Okay," Caitlin said turning around.

"Douche." Caitlin said under her breath.

"Ring em' up babe." Caitlin called to Lauren.

Lauren washed her hands and walked over to the counter.

"That'll be-"

"Here's a 10, save it and save the talking for someone else." Chad said with an aggressive tone and put a 10 down on the counter.

"Not with that fucking attitude." Lauren retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Lo!" Camila exclaimed with wide eyes.

"You seriously can't be taking his side right now. Do you hear how rude he's being?"

"Of course she's taking my side. She is MY girlfriend, Lauren." Chad stated.