Chapter 3: Cerebro

The next day Charles, Felicia, Moira, Raven and Erik who thankfully doesn't recognise Felicia head to Platt's facility where Platt introduces them to a man in a lab coat. While everyone marvels at the replica jet hanging above them Felicia use her powers to deduce that the man in the lab coat's name is Hank McCoy and he's is secretly mutant too. A small wave of relief washes of Felicia as she's not the only one with a secret.

"It's, uh, supersonic. It's the most advanced plane ever built." Hank says. "You should see it in real life. It's incredible."

"Hank, these are the special new mutant recruits I was telling you about." Agent Platt says to Hank. "This is Hank McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers."

"How wonderful." Charles smiles walking over Hank to shake his hand. "Another mutant already here. Why didn't you say."

A wave of fear washes over Felicia as she can sense Hank's anxiety, she closes her eyes and concentrates as hard as she can, using her powers to calm Hank's nerves, thankfully to a success.

"Say what?" Agent Platt smiles quizzically as Charles' smile fades.

"Because you don't know. I am so, so terribly sorry." Charles apologises to Hank.

"Hank?" Agent Platt says walking over to Hank.

"You didn't ask, so I didn't tell," Hank replies sheepishly.

"So your mutation is what you're super smart?" Raven asks as she steps forward.

Felicia begins to blush and her heartbeat quickens but Has no idea why.

"I'll say. Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of fifteen." Charles says.

"Uh, oh," Felicia whispers hoping no one can hear her as she realises she's still connected to Hank's emotions.

"Are you alright?" Moira whispers to Felicia who quickly disconnects her mind from Hank's emotions.

"Yeah, for a second there I thought I left the stove on this morning." Felicia lies.

Moira replies with a head nod before turning back to the conversation in front of them.

"You're among friends now Hank." Charles smiles. "You can show off."

Hank takes off his shoes and socks to reveal his ape-like feet before walking closer to the jet, jumping and flipping so his feet grab onto it.

"Ta-da," Hank says as everyone laughs in astonishment.

As everyone Marvels at Hank, Felicia quickly leaves to get some fresh air as her airways start to feel like they're getting smaller and smaller.

Once she gets outside, Felicia finds a secluded area away from everyone else and focus on her breathing and only her breathing.

Felicia spends the next few hours there meditating and returns indoors when the moon started to rise.

As she walks into her new but temporary room she gets a knock on the door, and quickly turns around to see Charles with his finger on his head and a cheeky smile on his face. Felicia watches on in confusion as he quickly walks around her and sits on her bed.

"What the hell was that?" Felicia asks giving him a perplexing look.

"What was what?" Charles replies.

"The way you walked in here, it was like how a child would act when they're about to prank their sibling."

"You... saw me walk in?"

"Yeah..."

"Huh. That should be impossible." Charles mumbles.

"What's impossible?" Felicia asks as Charles walks towards her.