A Distant Familiarity

As the sun shone bright and warm the Demon Slayers could take a break during daytime, they could rest from the countless battles at night.

The Butterfly Estate is no exception, even though they are in charge of the nursery and healing of all the demon slayers.

Today is a good day, not a single injury has occurred in the last few days, the girls in the estate could relax a bit and the master of the house was no exception.

The steaming cup of tea was in front of her. The slow dance raising from the hot water kept Kocho Shinobu hypnotized, the tea cup already had a couple minutes there. The black haired girl lost all her appetite, no tea and no snacks.

'What a shame, Kanao really put all her love in this macaroons' she sighted heavily. Her mind was a mess, a lot of faces came to her. Tomioka, Sanemi, Mitsuri, Kanao, Aoi and lately her sisters Kanae.

The later really troubled her, she loved her more than anything that's why Shinobu wants to bury those memories away.

'I haven't tought about my sister in a long time. And it's all fault of that tenth idiot.'

Shinobu first met the new pillar just two months ago.

Flashback:

"CAW! CAW! Insect Hashira you have been summoned by Oyakata-sama. Today's at noon. CAW CAW" The noisy crow flew away after giving a sleep disturbing message. A pissed off Shinobu woke up after the crow trashing around in her room.

She washed herself and dressed with the Demon Slayer Corps uniform, she put her butterfly haori on her shoulders and her nichirin blade to her small waist.

In a sepulchral silence the lady from the estate walked through the corridors, with a calm smile and a bad mood. Her purple eyes were fighting the urge to close themselves and go back to sleep. The young Insect Hashira entered the kitchen and prepared herself a light breakfast, the sun was rising and not even Kanao who works hard everyday and wakes up early like a bird. But not even the young girl was up.
When she finished her breakfast, she wrote a note to the girls and began her travel to the reunion.

When Shinobu arrived at the place where the reunion will be held. The maids from the estate received her and told her about the other Hashiras arrival. She was the sixth one to arrive.

"Shinobu! It's good to see you!" An always positive Kyojuro Rengoku exclaimed as he waved to the petite girl.

Her smile appeared in her face, the usual one. She approached the Flame pillar and discovered the rest of the swordsmen that were already there.

"I prayed that you stayed healthy" a crying Gyomei Himejima stated as he continued with his prayers.

"Shinobu-chan is cute as ever" Mitsuri remarked with a squealing sound, the pink to green haired girl tried to hug her fellow Hashira girl but Shinobu stopped her before she could.

"It's good to see you're still flamboyant, Kocho-san" Tengen Uzui the self proclaimed 'god of festivities cried with his usual high profile and esteem.

"Shinobu-san, good to see you" Obanai Iguro whispered calmly as he petted his snake. The insect Hashira just nodded and then proceeded to talk with her fellows Demon Slayers.

The morning was calm and nice. Even the morning sun was warmer than other days.

When Muchiro Tokito, the mist Hashira arrived to the estate, everyone greeted him, even though the youngest of the swordsmen was in his own world, he answered the greetings and the lost himself in the clear blue skies.

The wind Hashira. My God, he was a different history, he didn't greet anyone he just mumbled how irritating they were and then he isolated himself under the shadow of a tree.