2.9

TWENTY-NINE.
the other side

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The sounds of our footsteps filled the hallways. Until.. the tense silence was interrupted by Burg, who had just smashed a couple of droids into pieces. A large collision between the two droids had caused a large explosion behind him.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. Mando rolled his head, making his way through the hallways to find the prison cell that held the gang's 'friend'. We all followed after him, our footsteps growing heavier.

A couple of minutes later, we finally arrived in front of Cell 221 -- the 'friend's' cell. Mayfeld took out a hacking device and placed it inside of the cell's key hole.

"Z, open it up."

Zero announced, "You have 15 minutes remaining--"

"Open it up!!"

At this point in the mission, everyone was slightly annoyed with one another.. especially me. I took a glance at Mando but once he looked my way, I quickly moved my attention elsewhere.

Suddenly, the prison cell's hatch unlocked and opened up to reveal the prisoner.. a Twi'lek. He was sitting on the prison cell's bed, turning his head up to look at us. He didn't seemed surprised -- it was like he knew we were coming.

"Qin." Mando said aloud, walking closer to the cell's hatch. Qin made his way over to him, staring right into his helmet.

"Funny, the man who left me behind is now my savior -- Mando." He replied, slowly turning to look at me. "And who's this?"

"Nobody important." Xi'an snickered.

Just then, she kicked me in the stomach, causing me to fall into the cell as Burg threw Mando inside next to me. Before we could even try to escape, Mayfeld closed and locked the hatch shut. Almost immediately, Mando got on top of me while blasts from the gang reflected off of his armor, protecting us from any blasts.

Xi'an laughed at Qin, "Brother!"

"Sister..!"

"Attacks on the way," Mayfeld announced urgently as their footsteps grew further and further away from us. "They're already dead meat. Let's go!"

I pushed Mando off of me, standing up and rushing over to the hatch's small window. Qin chuckled at us, "Come on, it's better this way!"

"You both deserve this!" Xi'an pointed at the cell, catching up to the others.

Mayfeld shouted at the top of his lungs as they made their way out of the prison ship. "Let's go!!"

I slammed my fist against the cell's hatch, growling to myself. I turned around as Mando stood up and walked over to me.

"Great," I scoffed, shaking my head. I threw my hands up in the air, brushing past his shoulder. "We fell right into their trap."

"Look," He started, shifting his head to face me. "I'm sorry--"

"What? About basically calling me a mercenary and putting us in this mess?" I snickered, turning to look at his helmet. I stabbed his chest with a finger angrily. "Yeah, don't think for even a second I'm gonna let that slide, Mando. That's 70%."

He sighed, turning around to face the cell's locked hatch again. I groaned in frustration, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't think correctly with this man beside me -- I had so many mixed feelings about him.