Kagaya x Reader

"I'm glad you could make it

"I'm glad you could make it." Said the head of the Ubuyashiki family.

The girl simply smiled, sitting down on the bench next to Kagaya. "I've brought you something." She said handing a rice ball to the man beside her. 

"Thank you."

She nodded, taking a bite out of her rice ball. "So, how's it been?"

Kagaya looked up at the sky, "It's been alright, although, I haven't seen the sky in so long." He replied, his smile fading away from his beautiful face. 

The girl stared at him in awe, she wondered how can one be so strong? His spirit was so strong, It was almost unbelievable. He was so generous and kind to everyone, he was making everyone happy, while he suffered silently.

Or perhaps she's just overthinking things.

Looking up at the sky the girl said, "It's cloudy, grey."

Kagaya chuckled, "No, no. To me the sky is always cloudly." he said, shaking his head. "But behind the clouds...I haven't seen the sky behind the clouds in so long." He proceeds to look at the sky, with the same expression he's always wearing.

 "The sky is not just grey or cloudy. There's more to it than meets the eye. It is an endless canvas that colors are tossed upon. Most days it is a pure, uninterrupted blue that stretches seamlessly across our field of vision."

The girl glanced at the man next to her, "I'm not sure what you mean." She says quietly, questioning the man's meaning. "Is there something special about the sky? Something that not everyone can see?"

He chuckles once more, sending a warm smile her way, "I suppose. But I'm sure you can figure it out." He replies, still smiling softly.

"You know, I don't understand you, I could never guess what you're thinking. Honestly, I still can't. But you're so interesting, It's infuriating." She says, chuckling softly at her own words.

He continues to stare at the sky wordlessly.

The meaning behind his words. It was impossible to understand. He was impossible to understand. What were his intentions? Is he happy? Is he sad? Or is he confused? The girl always wondered how is he? How is he feeling, what is he doing? She was intrigued by him. He, as a person was interesting.

"I truly love the sky," Kagaya whispered

"Love?"

The man hummed in acknowledgment. "Yes, love."

Finishing her rice ball, she stood up. Bright red was covering her cheeks. "Say Kagaya, how deep is your love for the sky?"

He turned his head to the direction of the young girl's voice. Breathing in she spoke, "Is it as deep as my love for you?" Her eyes were eyeing the ground, she felt anxious. She was terrified of hearing the answer come out of the man's mouth.

Biting her lip, she stood in silence. A few drops of rain hit her kimono, yet her head was still hanging lowly. It was awfully quiet, she wondered what could he be thinking right now? Was he thinking of a way to reject her without hurting her feelings? Or was he so happy, it left him speechless? Either way...She couldn't shake off the uneasiness she was feeling.

Isn't it funny, that if she had made a different decision she wouldn't be here now? If she had asked a different question, her fate would've been written in different ink.

Suddenly she felt soft hands slide around her waist from behind, hugging her tightly. His head was placed neatly on her shoulder. 

The anxiety in her chest disappeared as she heard his calming voice say, "I hope so."

,,,,

Sorry it's not a one-shot, but honestly, I didn't know what to add to it 👉🏻👈🏻

Requested by; Kpop_Eunmi_Trash271

Also, guys, what do you want your Rengoku's to be like? (Rengoku x Reader chapters will be popping out of me-)

🧡