14. Jekyll and Hyde

Upon waking, he noticed to his relief that Conner was already gone. Breakfast with Karen would be embarrassing enough. Why did he get caught up in situations like this every time?

"Good morning," she greeted him cheerfully while observing him closely.

"Good morning," he grumbled back.

"Conner was in an unusually good mood. Something about Bo Derek?", she fished unabashedly.

Jason scraped his throat annoyed. "I informed him yesterday that he needs to take my feeling more into account because he was a nine. Uncircumcised and over eight inches even a ten."

"Ah," Karen now grasped the link. "Bo Derek."

During breakfast, she regularly glanced at him.

"Are you here for dinner tonight?", she asked casually.

"Probably not. Don't count on me."

He pushed himself from the table about to stand up when her hand stopped him.

"You're back to work, aren't you?"

He let go of his caution straight away because of the worried expression on her face. Reassuringly, he squeezed her hand softly.

"Yes, I'm back at work. Since yesterday, I've been renting a studio. Today all materials are being delivered. But you don't have to worry, Karen. I learned my lesson. The artist who rents out the space is going to help me to work more controlled."

She nodded. "Thank you for wanting to take into account the people who care the most."

He took her in his arms. "I'm sorry it took so long before I saw this."

Another legacy from his introduction to Conner.

The day went smoothly. Alex had placed two benches and a large table with chairs in his space. The rest of the material was ready for use.

After persistent hints of Alex, he had abandoned his reticence and were now huddled together over the big table littered with sketches of Conner.

"Your muse is well captured. Through him you show a wide spectrum of emotion."

"It doesn't hurt either that he's spectacularly hot," Jason wryly added.

Alex laughed out loud. "That's right. But you show more of him than just an attractive man. In Blue Boy you don't expose his face, but you do bare his soul."

"Blue Boy shows my desire. Not his," Jason stressed.

His phone interrupted their conversation. He recognized the number as from the Center.

"Hi, Jason," Charlie said. "We have a situation here in connection with tomorrow's outing."

"Tell me what's going on."

"Erin's older brother Darren is in the group with Conner and he refuses to let Erin go without him."

"I have no trouble at all adding him to the group," Jason said.

"I had hoped for that reaction, but unfortunately it is not so easy. Darren is quite a hothead. Without strong leadership, he could completely mess up the outing," Charlie said.

"Have you had a chance to discuss this with Conner?"

"No, I sent a message that he hasn't responded to yet. What do you think?"

"In itself, it is possible to combine our groups. How would you like to arrange the transport?"

Alex waved to get his attention.