Chapter 42

"EVERYBODY READY!?" Hoseok suddenly yelled through the car, his phone against his ear and a small smirk on his face. Within a second the car was speeding at an enormous speed, the two police cars and the van coming in sight before them. Taehyung's heart started to beat like crazy, a feeling of anxiety taking over his body with every passing second. Hoseok had dropped his phone by now, his eyes fully focussed on the cars before them while Namjoon kept speeding the car to get closer.

In front of them was the exact same scene Jimin had described to them yesterday, two police cars and in the middle of them a black van with darkened windows. Within a second the car containing Jungkook, Yoongi and Seokjin had passed them and was driving at full speed towards the three cars before them. Just as planned they drove by the small convoi, getting in front of them and before Taehyung could fully register what was happening shots were getting fired while Jungkook's car came to an abrupt stop. The three cars before them stopped in an instant to avoid a crash while Namjoon stopped their own car right behind the last police car to close them in completely. Namjoon and Hoseok jumped out of the car, getting behind their car doors to avoid getting shot. Both of them pointed their weapons at the car in front of them and within a few seconds the two policeman had done the same. Bullets were getting fired constantly, the sound making Taehyung's ears ring painfully. With big eyes and a heart that hammered in his chest the blonde watched the whole scene, already regretting coming. He wasn't made for this, this was in no way his cup of tea at all. He was made for helping people, not killing them.

The shots kept being fired, loud screams sounding over the battlefield that has formed by now. Screams coming from both the policeman and Taehyung's friends. All of them screaming at the other to give up and surrender themselves. Taehyung's eyes fell on the scene a little further away. Jungkook and Yoongi were both shooting at the two policeman from the first car, both of them constantly diving behind their own car to avoid getting shot only to come out a few seconds later to lose some shots themselves. They kept going back and forward until Jungkook actually managed to shoot one of the agents. Taehyung's breath got stuck in his throat, his heart going even faster while he saw the man fall lifeless to the ground behind the police car. A large puddle of blood started to form around his head and the colour slowly drained from the man's face.

"JUNGKOOK!!" Taehyung instantly looked up from the hard scream that left Yoongi's mouth, a scream filled with panic and worry for the younger. Taehyung's eyes darted over the scene, his eyes getting bigger by the second while he stopped breathing completely. The second policeman had his gun pointed at Jungkook's head, his finger on the trigger and a look of determination on his face. Jungkook, who had just killed the first guard, had been completely unaware of his vulnerable position. The boy had been too focussed on his kill that he had completely forgotten to get into immediate cover after his last shot, making him an easy prey for the second policeman.

Within a second Yoongi had come around from the police car, his gun readied and pointed at the policeman behind the car before them. Jungkook whipped his head around and not even two seconds later two shots could be heard on the battlefield. Taehyung closed his eyes, not daring to look at the scene. His heart almost beated out of his chest while all colour drained from his face. There was a chance Jungkook could be dead by now, there was a chance Yoongi didn't shot the man in time, there was a chance.....

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!" Jungkook's voice suddenly boomed over the battlefield. Taehyung opened his eyes immediately, a deep sigh leaving his mouth at the sight before him. Jungkook was still standing, a few small drops of blood dripping from his cheek were a small wound could be seen. The policeman lied lifeless on the ground, blood dripping out of his chest while Yoongi still had his gun pointed at the dead man. Jungkook slowly wiped his fingers across his cheek, his eyes almost spitting fire at the sight of the small bit of blood that was on them. "What. the. fuck."