Chapter 20 - Death

A/NANYONEWATCHI'MACELEB?

"Did you really think you could hide your divergence from us?" His voice shatters my eardrums even though it was hissed through his teeth, just like the snake he is.

His strength forced me into a dark alleyway that I didn't recognise and it was useless calling for help.

"Get your filthy hands off me you creep!" I yell, trying to yank my arm out of his tight grasp. Any tighter and I'd squirm in pain as I wasn't exactly the strongest of people. Well compared to most of Dauntless.

"And why would I do that?" He responded firmly as he raised an eyebrow cockily. I made sure to glare straight into his eyes to show him I wasn’t afraid of him.

"Stop fighting me" He growled. The hunger in his voice trembled the little space of air in between us and when it made impact with my bare skin that was visible, I felt like a huge, icily cold, electric bolt had struck my spine.

I clenched my eyes shut and sucked in a huge gallon of air which seemed to be my only friend at the moment as his grip firmed around my arm. He twisted my wrist painfully causing me to turn my back to him so my arm was bent behind my back.

Something cold and solid dug into the side of my head. It was a gun and I knew he wouldn’t think twice before shooting if I pushed him too far but he was resisting the temptation to kill me because he needed me. But what?

"I don't like games" He growled into my ear sending unwanted shivers over me.

"You mean you don't like losing" I hissed through my gritted teeth.

“Let’s go for a little walk” He decided pushing me forward but I denied to move.

“You’re only make this worse for you” He sighed.

No I wasn’t. Was I? I couldn’t be.

I figured he took my silence for an answer and I felt my head lighter. I let out a silent sigh of relief as I realised he had removed the gun.

“Are you going to walk?” He questioned, tightening his grip on me like a noose that was impossible to loosen. I pursed my lips together, staying silent.

My silence earned me a thin, sharp, freezing metal object pressed against my stomach, piercing through my top easily with its teeth.

He grumbled something that I didn’t quite make out as he pulled the dagger across my top then brought it back to the beginning pressing in deeper so it was now touching my flesh of skin, visible to the dagger. The chillness of the blade began to fade gradually but everything else around me was getting colder as the wind was now punching me backwards.

"So you're not afraid?" He replied smugly as if he knew that I was afraid. I stayed silent as the dagger broke my skin barrier and a warm trickle of blood oozed out as I gasped out, not giving him the satisfaction of begging him to stop or scream out in agony.

"Afraid of what?" My voice snarled at him the best it could giving the complications of the situation I was in at the moment.

"You're afraid of so many little things," He referred to my fear landscape that he had seen since he was a Dauntless leader. I could sense the smirk on his face as he spoke but it faltered away with whatever it was he was going to say next.

"But your biggest fear" He paused only to push the blade further into my stomach letting more blood flood out onto my black clothes. I couldn't tell if it would stain brightly or not as my surroundings were dark considering it was nightfall.