xvi. NO MORE SECRETS

NO MORE SECRETS!( the spy part 2 )

NO MORE SECRETS!
( the spy part 2 )

Dylan yawned loudly as she leaned against Steve's car. Steve and Dustin were getting the buckets of meat out of the trunk, and Dylan was fiddling with the yellow rubber gloves on her hands. "Oi! You gonna help?" Steve said as he looked to Dylan. The brunette girl yawned again and walked over to them, "Yeah, yeah."

Dustin moved away from the teens to talk to Lucas on his supercom, as Dylan picked up a bucket of raw meat, gagging a little bit at the smell. Steve glanced down at her, "What? Not a fan of raw meat?"

"Was that a sexual innuendo?" Dylan snorted, causing Steve's eyes to widen, "Wha– No! I'm talking about the actual raw meat, you weirdo," The taller teen said with a small chuckle, Dylan then laughed as well. "To answer your question: No, I don't. It makes me sick," The brunette said, crinkling her nose in disgust.

"You don't have to help if it'll make you sick," Steve assured the girl. Dylan then shook her head, "Nah, don't worry, I'll help. I might throw up at some point, but that's not important," Dylan said, nudging Steve's shoulder with her own. Steve wasn't that much taller than Dylan, only one or two inches.

Steve shook his head in amusement as he shut the trunk, looking to Dustin, "All right, let's go." Dustin then ended his conversation with Lucas and followed the two teens.

✰✰✰

Ben kept his eyes on Will, his hand still holding onto Mike's under the blanket as the raven-haired boy finally slept. Joyce and Bob were speaking in hushed whispers on the other side of the room, Ben couldn't hear them clearly. Ben saw Will's eyes flutter open, perking up in his seat as Will woke up.

"Mom?" Will mumbled quietly. Joyce gasped and rushed over to him with a gentle smile on her face, "Hey." Bob then ran out of the room to get a doctor for Will. Joyce rubbed Will's shoulder, "Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joyce asked her son quietly.

Mike had woken up, sitting up in his seat as he looked at Will. Bob hurried back into the room, "Okay, they're on their way," he told everyone as he made it back to Joyce's side, smiling down at Will. "Hey," Bob greeted Will.

"Who is that?" he asked, looking between Bob and Joyce in confusion. "What?" Joyce asked, not understanding what Will was saying. Mike's eyebrows pinched together as he looked from Will to Bob. Bob chuckled, "It's me, big guy. It's Bob," he then went to grab Will's hand, but Will quickly moved it away, "Are you a... doctor?" he asked. Ben's face dropped.

"No. No, it's just me. Just... just Bob," Bob said sadly, looking from Will to Joyce, his lips pulled into a tight line. Mike stared at Will, looking as if he was trying to figure him out. Ben gnawed on his bottom lip anxiously, his right knee bouncing up and down. Mike felt Ben's knee bouncing against his own, since they were sharing a chair and sitting very close together, and placed a hand on his knee, calming him down instantly.