•30•

"Your turn, truth or dare?" Tom asks me.
"Truth" I say. Plane rides are boring, and every single person on here is asleep.
"Okay" he gets an excited look on his face. "Ever had a wet dream about me?"
"W-What?" I ask.
"Have you ever had a wet dream about me?" He repeats.
"No of course not" I shake my head.
Oh wow what a lie.
"You liar!" He laughs.
"What?"
"When we went to the hotel a while ago! You were moaning my name in your sleep!" He says and my mouth drops.
"Oh my god" I sigh. "I can't believe I did that!"
"Aw honey it's okay" he laughs.
"It was just- you took off your shirt while we were working out and like wow you know? My god" I mumble.
"Nice to know you thought so dirty of me before we were even together" he winks.
"Shut up this is the most embarrassing day of my life!" I cover my face with my hands. "Moving on, truth or dare?"
"Dare" he says.
"Draw something on that mans head with sharpie" I say, pointing to the man in front of us with a bald head.
"Elle!" He scolds. "I can't do that!"
"Pussy" I roll my eyes.
"Truth or dare?" He asks.
"Truth" I say.
"Who's the pussy now?" He says and I groan.
"Come on, ask me anything. Literally anything and I'll answer truthfully."
"Okay.." he sighs. Why does he seem stressed?
"Have you ever cheated on anyone?" He asks.
Is he seriously asking me this?.. Tom would never think that of me..
"What'd Elliot say?" I ask.
"What do you mean?-"
"The Tom I know wouldn't ask that unless he had reason to" I say.
"He said you cheated on him" Tom states and I laugh.
"He doesn't think I know anything about this.." I shake my head. "We were fighting. Bad. He was threatening and angry, he scared me. I knew he would never hurt me but I didn't want to stay at his house to find out, and of course that was the weekend my parents left town and I was locked out of the house. I had slowly become friends with one of his friends who was well known for sleeping around, but I had nowhere else to go. I stayed the night in his guest room. He didn't even touch me, he was actually very nice. Elliot? Of course he doesn't believe I could go to another guys house and not be a whore because he's insecure and needy. I didn't cheat on him, that's just what he tells himself to keep himself from feeling like shit because he was the reason we didn't stay together." I explain.
"Elle I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said anything" Tom says.
"It's okay" I say. "Elliot has this way of sweeping people up in his lies. Did it to me for years, as friends, then in our relationship."
"I'm sorry you had to be with someone so shitty.."
"Well it all lead me here to you, and I'd say it was worth it" I smile.
The plane lands and everyone starts waking up. Tom and I are the first off the plane, and make our way into the airport.
"It's so late, care if I stay the night? Don't want to wake up the family" Tom asks.
"Course" I nod.
We get our stuff and head out to the cab.
___
My phone dings, waking me up from my sleep.
Haz: still on for brunch? Understand if you're too tired :)
Elle: noon?
Haz: see you then.
I notice I have a text from late last night. I click it and instantly sigh.
Daniel: did you get my text?
Why can't he leave me the fuck alone?
I notice Toms not in my bed. Weird, I normally wake up before him. I get out of bed and walk down the stairs.
"I've got to be honest with you Tom, I really like who Elle is when she's around you" I hear my mom say and stop where I am so they can't see me. "I mean.. she's just so happy, she's not as hard on herself. You're a very good friend"
"That really means a lot" Tom says.
"Between you and me, I think she has a bit of a crush on you" my mom giggles and I roll my eyes. "I like your influence on her"
"Well it's a whole lot better than that piece of work Daniel" Tom says.
"I hate that kid, my daughter is a gem to this world, she can do so much better than Daniel. She needs to be with a good kid, like you" my mom says. "Anyways-"
They continue on with a normal conversation and I'm shocked to hear my mom wants me to be with someone like Tom. She's always wanted me to be with a runway model, a guy who understands what I do. A guy kind of like Haz. This is a nice surprise.
"Morning" I smile as I walk in.
"Welcome home, how was the show?" Mom asks.
"Great" I nod. "Went really well"
"I'd love to hear more, really would, but I have work. Speaking of dresses, when's the prom at your school?" She asks.
"Umm like two weeks" I say.
"We need to get your dress" she says.
"I don't know.. proms aren't my thing, and I don't have a date" I say, looking at Tom who frowns at me.
"You've never gone to a prom before, this is your last chance! If not for you do it for me!" My mom pleads. "I'm sure Tom would take you!"
"Yeah I'll take you" Tom laughs.
"Ugh fine" I groan and my mom claps excitedly. "Oh I'll be home with dresses for you to try on!"
She leaves more bubbly than ever and Tom smirks at me.
"So, will you be my date to prom?" He asks.
"I'm going to need a better promposal than that" I laugh.
"You want a promposal but don't want people to know about us? That's a pretty difficult request"
"I'm kidding, I'm excited to have my first prom with you."