Chapter 42 (Rewritten)

Quick Author's Note: Thanks to @nene-hanako for the cute fanart. 

Now onto the read!

Now onto the read!

You watched as Eren transformed into his titan form and faced the large titan above us. You didn't know what happened, but you just froze. 

Just then, the sound of a flare was shot in the air and everything happened so fast. Explosions happened near the giant titan's arms, causing it to roar. 

This also happened to be Eren's chance to attack because after Rod lost his balance, Eren ran towards him and threw a bunch of barrels in its mouth. 

Your eyes widened in shock as Rod then blew up into bits. Again, you stood there. Frozen. Fire...fire and bits of titan were flying everywhere. 

"Y/N! WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND FOR!? WE NEED TO GO!" Jean yelled out. 

"Ah shit! You're right!" You thought. 

You snapped out of it and quickly rose to your feet and began to slice the bits of titan in half. There were so many of them, which one is holding Rod!?

Just as you were slicing them, you felt your heart began to throb.  You breathed and remembered the training Captain put you through. 

"Y/n!" You snapped out of it as you felt a body slam towards you. 

"What are you doing? The titan has been destroyed. We're retreating right now." Armin said. 

You looked at in shock. Really? Already!?

"You seemed out of it. I got worried."

"Thank you...Armin." You thought. 

He smiled at you warmly as he saw the thankful and relieved look in his eyes. 

"I'm glad you're okay." He replied. 

'Was I any good?'

"Any good? You were amazing out there!" He complimented. 

Your eyes sparkled as you let out a happy sigh. 

You are improving! Captain will be so proud!

"Also, Y/n. I know it's not a good time to talk about this. I don't see you any differently, even if you did come from where Reiner and Bertholdt were." he said. 

"..."

Oh...

"But I know you'll never hurt me. I trust you after all...--" His words trailed off once he saw your voice. 

The look on your face was something he couldn't describe. So much emotions going through your eyes. 

Fear and regret?

"Y/n...?"

You blinked a bit in surprise before turning away. 

"Hm mm.." You shook your head.