Chapter Fourteen

I ran as fast as I could through the woods and cursed a little

I ran as fast as I could through the woods and cursed a little. I didn't spend as much time in the woods as every else in the town seemed too. my heart was pounding hard in my chest and the blood rushed to my ears. I kept looking over my shoulder to see if Fake Alaric was following me. Tears spilling down my face as I tried oi remind myself that it wasn't the REAL Alaric.

I turned around and ran into a hard chest and hands were on my upper arms, steadying me. I screamed, my own hands landing on their arms. The fire inside once again being smothered as something from the person holding me enter my own body. I felt full and complete.

"J-Jordan?" a voice strangled out. I widened my brown eyes when I saw Damon falling to his knees. Pain etched onto his usually smug face.

He groaned in pain and I saw the red glow under my hands again. I let go of him when he gave one last final groan and dropped to the ground, face first. I watched in horror.

"Damon?" I dropped to my knees, giving his body a shove. He made no sound and I felt my tears falling. I had killed Damon Salvatore.

"Jordan?" a voice called out. I turned my head; tears were falling as I sat beside Damon's dead body.

"JORDAN!" I knew that voice. I shot to my feet quickly, feeling Jeremy's arms wrap around me. I cried into his chest. My whole body shaking.

"I-I-I-I k-k-killed h-h-h-him." I sobbed.

I could feel Jeremy's hand stroking down my back as he led me tighter.

"What's this? One less Salvatore in the world?" a beautiful voice mused.

I pulled my face from the safety of Jeremy's chest to see whom had joined us.

Kol was grinning down at Damon's body. I cried out, feeling a new wave of guilt and pain wash through me.

"Darling, he is fine. Sadly, he will awake in a few short hours......you on the other hand we should get out of here."

I had finally been taken home and smothered by hugs from everyone. I pulled away and walked outside to see Rebekah standing there, smile on her face. I felt so relieved to see that she was ok.

"It takes more then a measly wooden stake to kill me."

I walked up and wrapped my arms around her. I felt her body relax after a few seconds before she hugged me back.

"Thank you." I whispered.

I pulled away and smiled at her, she reached into her back pocket, pulling out my phone.

"This belongs to you."

I took it and beamed up at her.

"Thank you."

"Now that Little Gilbert is safe and unharmed. I believe I am owed an apology." Klaus mused from the front of the house. His head peering in. I pulled a face and turned to Rebekah who rolled her eyes.

"The only apology you get is, sorry we didn't shove a stake in your heart." Caroline grumbled.

"Come now Love, we should celebrate."

"We will, when you are dead." Caroline gave him a smile before walking down to me and grabbing me protectively to her side. I gave her a smile, reminding her I was perfectly safe. 

The rest of the day, Jeremy and Elena had hovered nonstop to the point I had to kick them out so I could shower in peace. When I was done, I walked into my room seeing Jeremy sitting on my bed. I scowled at him.

"This needs to stop."

"You were missing for two days." His tone calm and I sighed. He was angry. Very angry. When his tone was calm it meant the simmering rage was just below the surface and one wrong move and he would explode. I had a temper, a lot worse than anyone in the house but Jeremy exploding was something I never want to see. He walked over before hugging me again. I squeezed him back, tilting my head up to look at him.

"I am fine. I promise."

He stayed silent and I could feel dread wash over me. He was blaming himself. I pulled back a little and saw alarm on his face.

"Want to watch Shrek?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled down at me. we headed downstairs with pillows and blankets and set ourselves up on the fluffy rug.

"ELENA!" I yelled.

Elena same bounding downstairs so fast, a knife in her hand. I eyed the blade with a frown.

"You planning on killing Jeremy?" I asked.

She looked at me and then the pillows and blankets and then at the knife in her hand.

"I will put this away." She pointed to the kitchen. I nodded and turned to Jeremy with a raised brow. He shrugged and I rolled my eyes. the next few weeks will be hell for me, I could always see it. 

Jeremy pulled me to him, kissing the top of my head. 

"I love you." he murmured. 

"I love you too." I smiled at him.