Chapter 4- Rewritten

Sang's P.O.V.

       I struggle to get back up. Between what the demon did to my mind and the force of my fall, I'm not feeling the best. I go to the door and try to open it, but it's not budging.

"How the hell did that guy do that?," Taylor asks.

"I have no idea," I shake my head. "He's a Protector, but he's not like any of the ones I've met before."

I look out of the windows, but it's impossible to see because they're all in a blind spot.

I go to the back door and try to open as well, but still I get nothing. I look under the kitchen sink where Henry keeps his tools and eventually find a crowbar.

After finding a spot to jam the crowbar into, I push as hard as I can. I'm highly disappointed when nothing happens. The crowbar bends slightly, but the door still doesn't budge.

"Sang, it's no use," Taylor says. "Whatever he did made sure nobody could get out."

Thunder begins to rumble covering the shouts of Henry, Michael, and the demon. When the thunder subsides, we hear Henry let out a pained scream.

I drag a hand over my face. I have a killer headache, I'm locked in the house with no way out, and Henry is hurt. There's nothing I can do now. I hate feeling powerless.

       There's a great flash of lighting before the sky rumbles again. Then I finally hear the sound of Henry's shotgun, which he excels at using. He may not be able to kill the demon that way, but at least he's still up and fighting.

Taylor looks worried and I struggle for the right thing to say. I want to tell her that he will be alright, but I don't know that he will. I've never encountered a demon like that before and I'm not sure Henry has either. So, I opt for holding her hand instead.

We may go at each other's throats most days, but he's my family. He's the one who cared for me after the attack, he put a roof over my head, and he's the reason for the clothes on my back. We can't lose him.

Suddenly, there's an inhuman shriek that rattles the house and then nothing. Taylor and I share a worried look.

"You guys can come out now," Michael yells.

He doesn't have to tell me twice. I make my way to the door with Taylor right behind me.

       The sky is clear now that the demon is gone. But I now see Henry on the ground with Michael kneeling over him.

        I run to his side. "Henry, are you alright?"

He makes a face, but gets up from the ground. "I'm fine."

He's grabbing his left forearm and I notice the blood trickling down. "That doesn't look good," I say. "You need to get this looked at."

       "Would you stop fussing? It's just a scratch," he grunts.

I don't buy it for one second, but Henry can't be reasoned with, so I stop bothering him for the time being. I have a bone to pick with Michael anyways.