0.7

*

*

The compound was quiet later that night. Most people were sleeping, exhausted from the training they had that day. Ana was tired too, but she sucked at throwing knives and Eric had offered to help. She didn't want to pass that up.

It was a quarter til eleven when Ana finally left the compound. She was quiet, blending into the shadows of Dauntless as she made her way back to the training room. She could hear music and laughter coming from the Pit, causing a smile to tug at her lips.

In Amity, there were curfews every night. Everyone had to be in their houses by a specific time, usually before night fell. Ana hated that rule, managing to sneak out of her house every once in a while. She wouldn't go far, usually just to the roof to watch the stars.

Eric was already in the training room when she arrived, throwing knives towards each of the targets. His throws were precise, deadly as he threw them. They moved faster than Four's had earlier that day.

He glanced at Ana when he heard her enter the room. "I didn't think you were going to come."

Ana shrugged her shoulders. "I need all the help I can get."

Eric hummed in response. Ana watched the man pick up another set of knives, taking the time to look over his figure. Unlike the clothes he normally wore, he had on black training pants paired with a dark grey tank top. The sleeveless shirt showed off his arms perfectly and Ana had to force herself to look away from them.

"Here." Eric held out a few knives for Ana to take.

She mumbled her thanks, picking out one knife to hold in her right hand. Eric crossed his arms, leaning back against the table. "Show me how you throw."

Ana nodded, getting into the same position that Tris had showed her earlier. She threw the knife, making sure to turn her wrist with the action. The knife landed with a thud, landing a few inches away from the shoulder on the target. Her own shoulders fell.

"You're spreading your legs too far apart." Eric informed her. "It's not like fighting. Try putting your feet closer together."

Ana looked down at her feet, slightly closing the distance between them. She felt more natural in this state, rather than having her feet shoulder width apart. She looked back at Eric, who nodded at her posture. "Try again."

She did what he said. This time, the knife landed on the shoulder and her face broke into a grin. "Good."

"How do I get closer than that?" She asked, trying to determine what she was doing wrong now.

Eric pushed himself off of the table, coming to stand closer to her. "Get back in your stance."

When she did, Eric placed his arms back by his sides. "Act like you're going to throw, but do it slowly."