Chapter 12

"Who are you and what have you done with Ryan?" Dreece stared at me from the doorway. It had been a few weeks since Nathan made me promise to stay away from sugars, so currently I crashed on our couch munching on celery sticks.

"What?"

"Since when do you eat celery Ryan? You hate that stuff more than I do, and I fucking loathe it." Dreece moved further into the apartment, eyeing my bag of green stringy vegetables with disgust.

"You're exaggerating a bit don't you think? They aren't that horrible." I bit into one, trying to emphasise my point. The awful taste exploded in my mouth, but I forced myself not to gag. "It just a texture thing."

"Sure it is, and you're not turning green in the face or anything. Is this all because of that dumb promise you made with Nathan? I mean seeing you eat fruit shocked me, but this... this isn't you." Dreece kicked their shoes off, settling them self on the other end of the count, nudging my feet out of the way. "Seriously, why are you doing this? You are practically skin and bone."

"I'm hardly withering away Dreece." I shoved them back playfully before putting the bag of horrors down on the coffee table with a sigh. "I just want to be a bit healthier is all, but you are right, those are horrible. Nathan just told me I should cut back on the fruit since there's a lot of sugar in them. 'If it tastes sweet then it has sugar,' as he likes to say."

"Nathan is an idiot. A loveable idiot, but an idiot. There's nothing wrong with eating a little fruit once in awhile, or having a sweet snack or pastry as long as you aren't eating only that." Dreece dug their toes into my thigh, making me shift just enough so they could bury them under my ass for warmth.

"Don't call him an idiot, you barely even know the real him." I snapped, irritation bubbling through me ever so slightly as we spoke.

"Oh get over yourself. You know how I feel about you two dating." Dreece replied ignoring my irritation as they pulled a blanket over themselves for warmth.

Dreece had been shocked that we were dating, given how standoffish Nathan had been initially. I tried to explain it to Dreece, but they just thought it was weird that Nathan would have such a sudden change of heart.

"Still snowing outside?" I decided to just let the conversation drop, not wanting to get into a fight with my roommate.

"Like crazy, I fucking hate the cold." Dreece squirmed around a bit more before seeming to get comfortable enough to settle down. "I'm a bit surprised you're even home. I thought you and Nathan you going out again tonight."

"We were going to..." Heat burned it's way up my cheeks from embarrassment. "It's just... I've started having really bad cramps and... With everything we had planned, I just didn't think it would be a good idea..."

"Everything you had planned?" Dreece raised an eyebrow before their face drew up in disgust. "You mean.... Eww I did not need to know that you and Dr. Dousche were planning to fuck tonight. TMI Ry."

"I didn't say that..." It was my turn to squirm wanting to hide away from Dreece's disgust. "But you aren't wrong... I just didn't want our first time being when I was feeling like shit is all."

"Ugh! Stop. Please just stop. You know I don't like that sort of stuff." Dreece kicked me in retaliation for saying anything about sex. "Now you have to make it up to me. Why don't you make us some hot chocolate and popcorn and we can have a binging cheat night."

The mention of chocolate made me drool, temptation for something rich and sweet clawing at me.

"I don't know... I promised Nathan I wouldn't have any sugary things..." My teeth worried my bottom lip.