1

You flew over the streets of New York happy to finally be back on Earth. You and your dragon, Eclipse, spent three whole months off-world wrangling up dragons that were causing trouble. You were a dragon rider, the only human dragon rider, and as a dragon rider, it was your job to take care of the galaxy's dragons. Your job was taxing, dangerous, and took up all your time but you loved it. You always loved animals and you cared for them deeply. So when a strange dragon crashed down from the sky it was in your nature to nurse it back to health. That's how you and Eclipse became friends and are now partners.

Eclipse was a species of dragon known as the Night Fury. They are pitch-black dragons with bright green eyes. They are smaller than most dragons but extremely fast and extremely intelligent. They are an endangered species of dragon. Intelligent human-like beings around the galaxy hunt them out of fear or even for sport. Eclipse was the only Night Fury that currently had a rider. All the others were hiding away somewhere you even couldn't find.

        So you flew over the busy streets of New York heading back to your home, the Avengers tower. About nine months back the Avengers asked you to join them, and of course, you said yes. Ever since then your life has been full of adventure. When you weren't on dragon rider duty you were helping the Avengers. You finally felt right, like you found your place in the universe, and you couldn't be more happy with it.

     You and Eclipse got to the tower and gracefully landed on the balcony right outside the main living room. You dismounted your dragon, "Good work bud," you told him as you hugged him. "You did awesome work out there."

       Eclipse responded with a happy rumbling-like purr in the back of his throat.

       "I'm sure you want a break too." You told him. So you took off his saddle, "Why don't you go take some time off." You told Eclipse gently, "I'm sure the other Night Furys would be delighted to have you back."

       Eclipse purred but looked at you with concern in his eyes.

     You sighed in loving exasperation rolling your eyes at your dragon. "Don't worry bud," you told your dragon, "I will call you if I need you."

       Eclipse gave you a skeptical look thinking you would get yourself into trouble.

      "I promise." You assured him looking into his bright green eyes.

      Eclipse relaxed at that before finally giving you a nod. You kissed his forehead telling him that you loved him before he turned and launched himself off the balcony. He fell a good ten feet before spreading his massive black wings and soaring up into the sky. You watched him as he flew up firing a plasma blast into the sky. It exploded opening up a portal to wherever the Night Furys lived for a few seconds before Eclipse flew in snapping shut behind him leaving you on the balcony with nothing but a dragon saddle.

*

You walked into the tower with your saddle in your arms. "I'm home Jarvis." You told the tower.

"Welcome back Miss Strange." The tower responded from the speakers in the ceiling. "How did your mission go?"

"It went well." You told the tower, "Though it took a lot longer than I originally expected. I'm just glad to be home. Where is everyone?"

"Mr. Stark is in lab 14A with Dr. Banner. Agent Romanoff is in the training room with Agent Barton and Captain Rogers. Finally, Mr. Odinson is in his room on the phone with a woman named Jane." Jarvis told you.

"So Thor's back?" You asked Jarvis, Thor went back to Asgard at the same time you left to go round up the dragons. He said he had some urgent family business he needed to attend to.

"Yes Miss Strange, he arrived not two weeks ago," Jarvis told you.

"That's great news." You said mostly to yourself, Thor had adopted you as his younger sister when you first moved into the tower. He was one of your best friends and you hoped everything went well in Asgard. "can you tell the others I'm back and if they ask where I am can you tell them I'm taking a much-needed shower?" You asked the tower politely.

"Of course miss."

*

       You went to your bedroom placing your saddle on its perch next to your closet before you finally took a minute to breathe. You looked around your room everything right where you left it. Your Night Fury plush sitting on your bed with your Light Fury plush. The rest of the stuffed dragons you also got from 'Build a Bear' sitting on the chairs in your little sitting area. Your desk was nice and clean, all that was sitting on it was your iPad Pro and a few books. There were souvenirs from your adventures scattered around your room along with pictures of you and Eclipse.

       You went into your bathroom beyond ready to have a real shower. You felt icky and gross. On your travels you tried to stay as clean as you could, you took baths in the lakes and showers under waterfalls but neither of those could compare with a real shower. For one, you could control the water's temperature, which was something you took for granted until you started going out on month-long missions.

       You stripped your clothes off as you entered your bathroom, leaving a trail of clothes in your wake. After a way too hot shower, a quick blow dry, and a change into some oversized comfortable sweats you finally felt relaxed again. That was until your stomach rumbled loudly that it was empty and that you were hungry. So you decided to go down to the main living room where the kitchenette also lived.

       The moment you stepped out of the elevator into the living room you regretted all your life choices.

      "You did what Thor!?" Tony yelled at the thunder god in absolute rage. The whole team was there as well, and none looked to be too pleased with Thor.

        "He just needs a chance to redeem himself," Thor told the team with a pleading look in his eyes. "New York wasn't his fault. He was forced into starting a war with your people. He was being mind controlled."

"He killed 80 people in two days." Natasha pointed out unamused.

"Hate to break up whatever this is..." You interrupted them, "But does anyone what to tell me what's going on? Who killed 80 people in two days?"

"(Y/n)!" Everyone greeted you warmly, forgetting for a moment what they were arguing about, all coming up to hug you. Everyone other than Tony didn't do hugs, or any form of physical contact.

"Glad to have you back kid." Cap greeted you.

"You didn't get blown up too badly by any dragons?" Clint asked.

"Don't ever leave me alone in a tower full of stupid boys for that long again." Natasha teased.

"Glad to see you in one piece lady (y/n)." Thor bid you.

       You greeted them all back with warm open smiles before turning back to the topic at hand. "So, does anyone want to fill me in on what's happening?"