CHAPTER FORTY-ONE ━ THEY'RE GONE...

(chapter forty-one.) they're gone...
❝ WHERE'S POET AND PARIS? ❞

"SO, WHEN DID YOU AND FIVE HAPPEN?"

Poet was resting with her arm covering her eyes. She was left alone with Paris as the siblings all went to attend a family meeting while the Capulets stayed behind because Poet wasn't feeling very well. But because it was silent and her nephew was, too, she had read the thought that was louder than the other ones. And that was Paris'.

"What?" Paris questioned, eyes wide as he simply forgot that the person he's been living can read minds. He shook his head fast and Poet rolled her eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Paris," she started, patting the space next to her. He sighed and slumped his shoulders and walked towards her, his feet dragging on the floor. She glared at him a little and he stopped doing it and jumped on the bed. She turned to face him as he laid down next to her, his gaze on the ceiling. She was staring at him, lying on her side to look at him. "Paris, bub, you know you can tell me."

He sighed and closed his eyes, not wanting to meet his aunt's own. "I just..." he stopped for a second. "I... I thought I was just going through a phase... I though I wasn't normal, I mean I'm not because superpowers. But, I... I like girls. I do. But I also like guys."

"How do you know you like them, babe?" She was still staring at him, trying to understand him and trying not to read his thoughts.

"You know that kid, Romeo?" Poet snorted and hummed. "I... Well, we kissed. And... yeah. I, I just wasn't sure what I was feeling at that time. When I was at Grandma's, I did some research and when I went to school, I spoke to the counselor, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy with liking girls and boys."

"You're not going crazy," she sat up, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and bringing him closer to her. He snuggled closer to his aunt, breathing out a content sigh at feeling his aunt's hand running through his hair. "You're bisexual, babe."

"I know," he breathed out. "I was watching videos from people who are bisexual and I was doing a lot of research, hoping to understand the term more before I could tell myself that I am bisexual."

"How'd you and Five happen, though?"

"We talked and I found out that he and I liked each other after he found me in the apocalypse," Paris answered, careful not to mention what happened to her. "But he said I passed away and we couldn't be together."

"Isn't he like old?" Poet scrunched her nose the slightest and he chuckled. "But, as long as he maintains looking like a boy, I won't mind. But because he's literally the same age as me, I find it a tad weird. And when he turns to an adult, if he does, then, I have to step in or else he'll be put into jail for pedophilia."