Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Lienna

I could barely catch my breath as I followed Loki. Both Frigga and Loki had to run wherever they went with me, and it was rather annoying after a time.

Suddenly I tripped over my skirts, and, being the effortlessly graceful woman I am, I landed face down on the cold, hard, palace floor. A loud crack resounded through the corridors.

An incessant ringing accompanied the crack, and suddenly, my mind was in a frenzy.

I could taste blood, and heavy footsteps resounded all around me. My hands tried to pull me up, but failed miserably.

Just then, I felt a flying sensation and everything tumbled into an empty, black void.

××××××

I woke up to Loki smiling down at me.

"You're not too graceful, Lienna, or cautious. You know your bones break easily, darling," he purred, smirking.

I nodded drowsily, trying to focus my mind. "I've never been graceful."

He chuckled quietly, sliding his hand behind my back. "Let me help you up."

He sat me up so my back was against a tree, and it was surprisingly comfortable.

Loki studied me with a blissful look on his handsome face, and I reveled in it.

After a while, he spoke up. "You broke a cheekbone."

My hands immediately reached up to my face, in an embarrassingly narcissistic gesture to see if my face was ruined. I had finally come to terms with my face and accepted the fact that I was considered beautiful, and I didn't want to lose what little self confidence I had.

This action caused Loki to laugh. "Don't fret, Lienna. You look perfect. Magic is on my side, you know."

I sighed in sheepish relief. "I'm nearly useless without you, Loki. It's rather embarrassing."

"Oh, you're most certainly not useless. You've got beauty, charisma, morals, and wit, and those can be used to achieve most anything." He went quiet for a moment. "Even capture my heart and hold onto it with such a strong grip."

I blushed. When Loki admitted his love for me, it always made me warm inside. Maybe it was knowing that the feeling was mutual that gave me such satisfaction. "Around you, I practically melt. You fill in the gaps. You make me complete."

"We're two imperfect halves that make a perfect whole," Loki replied eloquently. "Of course, we aren't a whole just yet."

He knelt beside me. My heart jumped.

"Lienna, you are everything I've ever needed. You remind me that I have a heart somewhere in my smooth-talking facade, and you always make that heart stir. When I first met you, I was afraid I would never get to have a chance with you, you were so effortlessly perfect. You drive me mad in the best way. I love you so much, Lienna, that I don't know what I'll do if you say no."

He pulled out a ring box. "Lienna, I didn't get to do this before, and I want to get it right. Will you do me the honor letting me be your other half? Will you marry me?"

Tears spilled down my cheeks. I nodded, unable to say anything at first. Finally, I found my voice. "I can't say anything else but yes, absolutely yes!"

Loki was crying too as he wrapped me in his arms. He kissed me passionately.

When we separated, he began to cry again. It was strange to see him cry.

"I'm just so glad you said yes. I don't know what I would do, thank you Lienna," he whispered, embracing me again.

I kissed his cheek. "I don't know what I would do if you never asked."

Loki cupped my face in his hands, grinning widely. "I love you, Lienna. I love you so much that it hurts to be away from you. Please don't ever leave."

"I have no plans to, because I love you just as much," I replied.

He pressed his forehead against mine. The moment felt like infinity.

××××××

wow ok this story has like 6k reads and this was originally going to be a really crappy story im so happy you guys