Chapter Eighteen

I waited for Jeremy to speak after I told him everything. From Kol to what Kol told me minus the Niklaus thing. I still didn't know it I believed him or not just yet. To Alaric and the whole Damon thing. I watched as he paced, and I could see how angry he was. I looked down, feeling everything tearing into me. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I tried to swipe them away quickly. I felt this sudden anger burst through me. I grunted out a frustrated sound.

"Jords?" Jeremy's voice was calm.

I turned to him, looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry."

"The ring, it does this to you?" Jeremy asked. he looked down at the ring. I walked over, taking his hand in mine.

"You need to keep it on." I told him sternly.

"Jordan, it is..." I stopped him.

"I can handle it. besides, we have bigger things to worry about."

"You told Bonnie about Alaric, right?" I nodded. I saw the flash of hurt cross his face. I brought his hand up and kissed it.

"I'm sorry." I murmured.

"Bonnie can handle Alaric, but I don't want you near Kol, Jordan. He is dangerous."

"He is, yes but I don't think he wants to hurt me."

"Jordan...."

"Ok, Jeremy but he knows things and besides, whatever I did tonight to him, it....I don't know...hurt him?" I replayed it over in my head and nodded to confirm my story.

"What did you do?" he asked.

"I don't know, I did it to Damon and killed him, well temporarily at least. I also did it to the evil Alaric, maybe it's what I do for you too? but I don't need to touch you because we have a bond already?"

"You, what, take darkness out of someone?"

I shrugged. I had no idea what I did.

"I just know that there is this empty feeling inside, then when I guess a vampire comes around, this fire burns through my system. Its like my insides are on fire."

"Does it hurt?"

"Sometimes." I answered honestly. I didn't want to lie to him. I furrowed my brow with the tingling I had also felt with Bonnie. It was more pleasant from her then it was from the vampires. "Bonnie also does something.......not bad..." I warned as I saw the gears working in Jeremy's head. He would break it off with her and not allow her over if he thought she caused me any pain. "It's pleasant with her. Like it belongs kind of thing."

"Magic, maybe?" Jeremy guessed.

I shrugged. I had no idea but for once, I felt my chest was not being weighed down with guilt.

"Alaric...." I started with. Jeremy's eyes flashed with anger. "Jer, it wasn't really him."

"I don't want you near him."

"I get that, but we don't have a choice..."

I grumbled when Jeremy dropped me off at Bonnie's house

I grumbled when Jeremy dropped me off at Bonnie's house. It wasn't that I didn't want to be here. It was that this was ridiculous and unnecessary.

"Told Jeremy, huh?" Bonnie guessed when I walked into the spare room. I sighed.

"I had too. The guilt was tearing me from the inside out."

"I understand..."

"There is something else." I blurted out. Bonnie turned to me. She sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to her. I sat down, looking down at my hands. I took a breath in and turned so I could gage her reaction. Her brow eyes were soft. They weren't like Jeremy's or like Kol's. I shook Kol from my head quickly.

"I can do something. My hands glow red....ok wait let me get my words right...." My nerves were all over the place. I noticed Bonnie reaching out to take my hand, I flinched away. I saw hurt cross her face.

"I'm sorry." She quickly apologized. I shook my head.

"I don't want to hurt you..." Tears were starting to fall.

"Jordan." Her tone was gentle, she tucked some of my hair behind my ear. I loved it when people did that. Jeremy and Elena always did it, knowing that it was the one thing I loved.

"There is something wrong with me Bonnie. I can hurt people. I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me." Bonnie sounded so sure of herself. I shook my head.

"I killed Damon with it, I even hurt Kol."

"You hurt Kol?" she sounded confused. "And you killed Damon?"

I nodded. I looked down at my hands again and sighed.

"It's like an emptiness inside, this fire would consume me but when I touched them, it stopped. The emptiness was gone, and the fire was put out."

"How long has this been going on for Jordan?"

I shrugged, I hadn't really been keeping track, over the years it would come and go. Dad had given me this bracelet; it had a beautiful sapphire stone and mine and Jeremy's names engraved on it. I touched my wrist with the memory of the warmth it had always created. It didn't burn my skin; it just gave a sort of wave of relief. I kept it in my jewellery box, I hadn't been wearing it since they died.

"When mom and dad died." I answered.

I kept stroking my wrist, the memories of mom and dad flooding my mind. I started to cry. Did they know that there was something wrong with me?

"Jordan..."

"I'm ok......I'm ok." I wiped my tears away quickly and cleared my throat.

Bonnie looked me over before nodding. We stayed silent for a minuet before I heard her make the 'hmm' sound. I looked at her.

"I want to try something.....if that's ok?" she turned to me, sitting more on the bed. I turned and faced her and nodded feeling a little hopeful. Maybe Bonnie could fix me?

Bonnie took my hand, tightening the hold when I went to pull away.

"Jordan, I just want to see, ok?"

I relaxed a little, before I felt the tingles in my hand and shooting through my system. I could feel the flood of relief flow through and I closed my eyes for a spilt second. Then I heard Bonnie groan in pain.

"I'm so sorry." I snatched my hand back and scooted away from her as fast as I could.

"I'm...ok." She breathed before offering me a weak smile. I shook my head. I moved when she moved closer to me. tears were already running down my cheeks. I hurt Bonnie.

"You didn't hurt me.......not intentionally. Jordan, I promise I am ok." She smiled at me. I shook my head, I pushed off the bed, creating more distance between us.

"Bonnie, there is something wrong with me."

"It's ok Jordan." She tried to calm me.

"Please.....I don't want to hurt you again."

Bonnie nodded, she got up and walked to the door before turning around.

"Goodnight Jordy. Love you." She cooed the last part in an attempt to make me smile. It worked. I felt my lips tug up and smiled at her.

"Goodnight Bon, Love you." I whispered.