e p i l o g u e

Madison

"I can't believe we're in college already." I say.

"At least we would live together off campus." Axel smirks and throws an arm over my shoulder.

"Thank God the apartment allows pets." I grin, looking at Santa on my lap.

"Yeah...thank God." He mumbles.

"Josh! Hurry up! I want to meet Ryder!" Jade exclaimed, jumping up and down next to Josh who was taking our bags from the trunk of the car really slowly.

"Ryder will be dead before you get to meet him if you utter another word about him." Josh threatens.

Jade rolls her eyes at him dramatically.

"It's not like I like him, dumbass. He's my best friend!" She defends. "You know what, I'll just bring Melanie with me."

"No! I'm coming. I'm coming." Josh says.

"You guys act like 8th graders." I comment.

"Do you want to meet Ryder? I haven't seen him in almost 2 years!" Jade says.

"No. She'll stay with me. We still have to make sure the movers get all our stuff and then we'll have to decorate." Axel answers.

"He's right. Maybe next time?" I smiled.

"Okay. I'll see you later." She says and drives off with Josh.

"Let's go see our apartment." I say, excitedly.

"How did you manage to convince the school to let us stay out of campus? I thought it was strictly unallowed." I say as we walk to the elevator and got in.

"I have my ways." Axel grins.

"Whatever you did, I'm glad it happened. I just hope it wasn't anything..." I trail off.

"No! No, Hazel. Are you crazy?! I would never cheat on you." He says, kissing my forehead which made me smile and blush.

"I know." I giggle.

We reach the suite floor.

A petite girl bumps my shoulder and drops her bag which caused her stuff to scatter on the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaims, crouching down to gather up her stuff and I crouch down to help her.

"Don't worry about it. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes. I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She says giving me a weak smile. I realised she looks a little familiar.

I saw what looked like her student ID.

Liliana Ava De Ville.

De Ville...

"Again, I am so sorry. Have a good day." She says and walks away.

"Well, that was...eventful." Axel says.

"That's it! Elena and Damien De Ville!" I exclaim.