Chapter Thirty

*Jace's point of view*

He actually said that he loved me! And it wasn't sarcastic either, so Ash really must of meant it, right?

Fuck, I sound like a girl.

"Snap out of your trance!" Ash demanded with a groaned.

I rolled my eyes at him and bit my lip. Right now we were sitting in the food court close to where Drew and Macie were. After Ash had dropped his food on the floor I'd bought him more, causing the Food Diva to come out to play.

"I don't want to listen to you criticize your food." I said annoyed. Why did I have to fall in love with this sarcastic little shit?

Ash pouted and picked up his burger. "Okay, firstly who puts beetroot in burgers?"

"I said I don't want to listen to you criticize your burger."

Ash stuck his tongue out at me. "Oh I know, it's fun to piss you off."

"Your a shit head."

"Don't use bad words in front of me!" Ash wined. "Anyways answer the question; who puts beetroot in burgers?"

"Crazy people?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

Ash's eye's lit up when he smiled. "Finally someone gets me!"

"Your an idiot." I scowled.

"And your mean!" Ash sulked, taking a bite out of his burger. "At least beetroot burger likes me."

"Well she's the only one." I said.

Ash looked offended. "I am a gay man Jonathan. Beetroot burger is a boy. And let me tell you, he's better looking than you!"

"Don't call me Jonathan. It reminds me of Jace from Shadowhunters."

I hate The Mortal Instruments. The books are as horrible as the TV show.

Ash's face twisted into one of disgust and he gasped. "Your a horrible human being."

I smirked and leant forward, kissing his forehead. "But you love me."

Ash blushed. "No I love beetroot burger."

Gosh this kid.

"Jace!" Yelled Macie in an excited voice, racing towards me. She enveloped me into a hug before I knew what was going on. "Your an evil bastard."

I rolled my eyes. "Hey Mace."

"Where have you been boy?" She asked pushing Ash off his seat and sitting on it. I watched as Ash fell to the floor and pouted, causing me to laugh.

"Places." I said cautiously stealing a glance at Drew whom was laughing at Ash. It hurt to know that Drew was mad at me but I didn't blame him. It was just weird to see Drew as someone who wasn't controlling and calm all the time. This is the first time Drew had actually been angry at me.

Macie rolled her eyes. "Why do I surround myself with men? They're idiots."

"Preach sister!" Ash said from the floor.

Drew and I shared a look and rolled our eyes. God I missed this, why'd I ever give it up?

"Let's go shopping now!" Macie suggested. God this girl had a short attention span.

"Please don't let Macie take me shopping anymore." Ash groaned, getting up from the floor.

"But Ash!" Macie protested.

I laughed as Ash's face went pale. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY MOUTH?!?" He screamed in horror.

Strangely I loved when Ash spoke out loud, instead of in his head. I always knew what he was thinking. Or maybe it was just because I really did love him. Wasn't that what happens when you love someone? Everything about them is perfect?

"Ash, don't yell." Drew scolded.

"Your as mean as Jace!" Ash said sadly. "Why's everyone so mean to me?"

"Ash! Graduation is nearly here and the malls gonna close soon, so let's go shop!" Macie demanded, dragging a defeated Ash away from Drew and I.

"I better go after them" Drew said awkwardly, walking after Macie and Ash.

"Andrew, wait!"

Drew turned around with an odd look on his face. "Why'd you call me Andrew?"

"Why'd you call me Jonathan before?"

Drew rolled his eyes. "Fair point."

"I'm sorry."

Drew took a deep breath in and nodded slowly. "I know your sorry Jace."

"And?"

"I hate you, brother." Drew said with a small laugh.

I gagged. "You've been living with Ash for way too long."

"Tell me about it."

"Are we cool?" I said hopefully. I don't know what I would do without Drew. He'd been there for me since grade school.

Drew sighed. "I guess we are. Just don't disappear on me again!"

"Promise." I said as Drew enveloped me into a hug. Once he let go I said, "Ash said he loved me."

I knew Ash wouldn't tell Drew. Even though Ash acts likes a free spirit, I know he's afraid of getting hurt. And if he admits he loved me, he's giving in.

Drew raised his eyebrows. "Really? He won't even tell me he loves me without me saying it first."

"Well I said it first," I explained.

"Wow okay. Don't hurt him." Drew threatened.

"I won't."

"You already have." Drew pointed out.

"I won't hurt him anymore."

"Just—" Drew hesitated.

"Just?"

Drew breathed out. "Dad hurt him when he was little. Mum gave up on him. And then you disappeared. He wouldn't be able to survive anymore hurt."

I nodded, Ash really has been through a lot of shit. "Yeah okay."

"Want to go save him from death by shopping?"

"Remember when you had to save me from death?" I laughed.

"Oh yeah. Good times. Have you seen your parents?"

I shook my head. "I'm moving in with Damo."

Drew nodded. "You going back to school?"

"Yeah I am going back to school."

Drew's face lit up. "Really? That's awesome. It's a shame Ash won't graduate with us."

I thought for a second. "Or maybe he will.."

"What do you mean?"

I shook my head. "I'll tell you when I figure it out more."

"Okay." Drew said with a knowing smile.