Chapter Thirteen [Unexpected Pain]

M O R I A H

I laid in bed with Alijah massaging her back while our mom was on the phone with the doctor. She was having back pain and cramping and bleeding from her woman area, which is just disgusting.

"What if something's wrong with the baby" she moaned and my mother glanced over at her before walking out of the room. She was only seven months so it was to early for the baby to even be coming right now.

Jesse still sick and it's gotten worse in the past three days so all he does is sleep in the guest room. I grabbed the wet rag and wiped my sisters face as she continued to moan in pain and cry making me feel bad.

"Maybe it's time for her to come out, she probably can't wait to meet you" I said quietly and she began to cry harder.

"I'm not ready to do this, there's still so much to learn, I can't"'she cried as she closed her eyes tightly bracing herself for the pain.

"You can do it I have faith in you, once you give birth all you have to do is focus on being a mom" I tell her trying to cheer her up.

"She's going to be so small, yesterday marked only thirty weeks" she mumbled and I nodded trying to be understanding.

"Where's Jesse?" She yelled and I sighed grabbing my face mask and put on some gloves before leaving out of the room and walking down the hall to where he was sleeping.

I nudged him a couple of times until he looked up at me and jumped back confused for a moment. He didn't have as many spots as he did before but I still wasn't trying to catch that, I didn't want to deal with all that.

"Something's wrong with the baby, we think Alijah might deliver early" I said and he looked at me shocked before pushing me out of the way as he threw his covers off of him and got out of bed.

"The fuck you mean she still got two months left?" He snapped and I stared at him blankly following him back into the bedroom where my mom was helping Alijah put clothes on as she continued to cry in pain.

"Jesse they aren't going to let you stay with her because you have the chicken pox so stay here and I'll call you with an update, I'm sure it's nothing" My mom tells him and he looked at her like she was crazy.

"Why the fuck I get sick now" he sighed walking over to Alijah as she hugged him tightly and I stared at them feeling like I was in some romance movie, she's just giving birth it's not like she's going to war.

He whispered a few things to her and they kissed as Silas walked in holding his car keys and my mom grabbed a hold of Alijah's hand.

"Moriah stay here and watch Jesse, make sure he rests and gets Gatorade" she ordered and I smacked my teeth as they went down stairs. This was probably going to be the longest time we'd ever spent together.

Jesse looked at me for a moment before walking past going back into the room he was in and I followed him wondering what he was up to.

"You not babysitting me go watch tv or something" he mumbled sitting down on the bed as he stared at the wall angrily.

I knew he was afraid she was going into labor and mad at himself for not being there to support her and see his daughter.

"The baby is gonna be okay right? I don't know much about this" I said sitting next to him and he glanced over at me shaking his head.

"Yeah she'll be okay, she probably just gon be real small that's all" he mumbled and I nodded hearing the car start from outside.

"I'm gonna go watch Tv" I said standing as he laid down in bed pulling the covers over him. I felt bad I guess that's every fathers worse nightmare and I know Alijah would really want him there for support if she does have to deliver early.