F O R T Y - F I V E

The next morning she woke up, she have received a letter from her friends, but was kept by her father. Most of her time she spends the day in her room and read books all day long. She never go out unless she have to eat breakfast or dinner. Her mum was  really worried for daughter and even though how much she tried to talk to her, y/n ignored her.

Meanwhile, her father, Proteus was nowhere to be seen these days. There are days that he was here and half of those days, he was outside, mingling into some awful stuff. Her mum, on the other hand, was also nowhere to be seen. An house elf told her that her mum was always out with her elder sister.

Y/n rose up from her bed and grabbed some parchment right beside her table. She planned everything out and was hoping that it would work.

Dear Algenib,

I'm so sorry that I can't reply to any of your letters right now. My father forbade me to respond to your owls. I want to go somewhere else, just not here.

Don't worry, I'm fine. Just inform the boys about this, okay? See you soon xx.

Alpheratz.

She fold the letter and went to find their house elf, Kirk. When she finally found the house elf, y/n told Kirk that she badly want to deliver her letter to Hermione. Y/n had to give it to Kirk because her dad locked her owl up. Kirk obeyed and disapparates within a second. Y/n waited beside the window sill, hoping that the letter will be delivered to Hermione.

On the other side of the muggle world, Hermione received a letter. She have never seen this envelope before. It was all in black, there was no name shown on the envelope nor a wax sealed. She was curious because never in her life have seen this odd cool looking envelope. At first, she have a bad feeling about it. She thought that this letter might be death threat—or at least that is what she thought.

She sat down on her bed and began slowly opening the envelope. Hermione doesn't know why her heart is beating fast right now.

Maybe, I shouldn't open this at all. Hermione contemplated as she look the envelope once again.

"Honey! Get down here!" her mum shouted down below, waiting her daughter to eat the pie she baked earlier. Meanwhile, Hermione was startled by her loud voice. She placed the envelope on her bed and went downstairs.

She descended downstairs and made her way to the kitchen. Hermione saw her mother, gesturing to her seat already so that she can finally taste the pie. Hermione smiled when she saw her mum, eager to know about what will be the opinion of her daughter.

Hermione sat down, as her mum prepared the slice piece for her. Her dad was also there, preparing two drinks for the lovely girls.

She took a bite, savouring it slowly, it was the best pie she ever had. "This is good, mum!" beamed Hermione, shoving another piece inside her mouth. Her mum's face lit up and clapped both of her hands whilst her father cheer for his wife.

"Do you like it?" her mum asked.

"I love it! Next time, I'll bring three for my friends," said Hermione, then added, "I'm sure they'll love it. Especially y/n."

"Oh really? Then don't let her wait. Owl her to go here tomorrow," her father suggested and her mother hummed in agreement.

"I've already sent her a letter, but it seems she still haven't read them yet," said Hermione, pouting, thinking about the fact that maybe y/n have completely forgot about her.

Her father gave her a confused look whilst her mum was in a deep thought, trying to recall something. Then it clicked, she remembered that she gave Hermione a letter few minutes ago.