Chapter 36

||Adriana's POV||

"Let me grab my wallet first." I said, before closing the front door and making my way to the car.

"Its warm in here." Joaquín said while climbing into the backseat.

"Of course, Its mad cold out man." Gabriel joked, backing the car up in reverse.

Joaquín didn't laugh or say anything in fact.

Yeah somethings not right.

As he continued to drive, "Manhattan Hospital" came into view.

"Come on Joaquín." I said, grabbing his hand to cross the street when the light turned green, Gabriel following behind us.

When we entered, it was pretty busy since it was a Friday night.

When the lady at the front desk hung up the phone, I began to speak before she could.

"I would like to see a doctor for my brother, Joaquín Sanchez." My tone came out more demanding then asking.

"Spell his first name for me." The lady popped her gum while typing something in her computer.

"J o a q u í n." I emphasize each letter.

I watched as she clicked her mouse a few time before speaking.

"It's gonna be about an hour wait. You can stay here in the waiting room until you're called." She tilts her glasses down to the tip of her nose as if that made me understand her more.

"No no no." I lowly chuckled, grabbing my forehead.

She probably thinks im crazy right now.

"He needs to see a doctor now. Not later. So I would appreciate it if you could call one of them out right now. Please and thank you." I searched for a name tag which was placed next to a photo of her.

"Ms.Jones."

"Ma'am, you can't just barge in here demanding a doctor. If it was an emergency an ambulance would've brought him directly to the E.R. There are other people that have been waiting longer than you. Now please go have a seat." She finally pushes her glasses back up to where they belong.

She has the right bitch.

"Listen here, I honestly don't give a fuck about what you're talking about. I know exactly what I came in here for so that's what's going to happen. Now buzz or page a doctor out here before I-"

"Hello ma'am, I can take him." A nurse places her hand on my shoulder before I could finish my sentence."

"Thank you." I smile, motioning for Joaquín to come by my side.

"I'm going to wait out here. Let me know if y'all need anything." Gabriel said, taking a seat by the corner near the magazines.

I nod and continue following the nurse to the back.

When we get into the room, Joaquín plops onto the hospital bed while I take a seat on the spinning chair.

"Hey sweetie, can you point here and tell me how much pain you're in?" The nurse says, holding up a chart with a man smiling in number one and him crying in number ten.

Joaquín points to number six.

"Can you tell me where it hurts exactly ?" The nurse asks, pulling on a clean pair of gloves.