Five

"We've gotta have missed something." Jay said staring up at the board like the answer is just gunna jump out at him.

"Voight and Antonio will get the answers we need." Erin shrugged leaning back on her chair.

The raid at the old hotel had been unsuccessful, while Diego had been there they had recently moved him, something good came out of it though as we got one of the guys that was holding him, Ernesto. Antonio nearly cut the guys eye out to get him to say where his son was, but chose last minute to keep him down in the cage instead, which is where the two are now, doing who knows what to him.

"We got a name, Mateo, one of Pulpo's long time friends, Jin's trying to get a ping on his phone now." Voight informed as he and Antonio walked into the room, both with blood red knuckles.

"Actually I got it." Jin said running in. "He's at Union station." He said, without anything else being said we made our way out to the SUV's.

———————

"Anything?" I asked through the coms as we walked through the station searching for Mateo and Diego.

"His cell signals coming from right in front of Voight." Jin's voice came through from his place back at the district.

"Got it." Voight called leaning over and pulling out a cell phone. "Everybody fan out!" He yelled.

Walking quickly I made extra effort to check every boy who could match Diego's description, turning up empty before I spotted them.

"I got them." I said into my coms. "Their getting on a bus to Indianapolis." I told them as I watched them board the bus, taking a seat towards the back.

"Wait there." Voight's voice came through, but it was too late.

Flashing my badge to the driver discreetly I walked onto the bus taking a seat right at the back, three rows away from Diego. Pulling out my phone just as the bus pulled away, I texted Voight to let them know what was happening, being too far away for my coms to work.

To Voight - I'm on the bus three rows behind them, Diego looks scared but I think he's okay.

A few miles down the road the bus begins to shudder before the driver speaks into her radio.

"Sorry guys, we're experiencing some mechanical issues right now, I'm just going to pull in there, another bus is on the way so you can continue your journey, I am so sorry for any inconveniences caused."

That's gotta be the team, I thought to myself as I looked between the seats seeing Mateo checking his phone repeatedly, just as my own buzzed in my hand.

From Voight - Sit tight on our way.

Sighing slightly I looked out of the window as the bus stopped and another one pulled up behind us, Adam and Al stepping out wearing drivers uniforms.

"If I could ask you to exit the vehicle calmly and walk over to the one behind, your journey will continue, again, sorry for the inconvenience." The driver said standing up and opening the doors.

As people made their way off of the bus I realised that Mateo was waiting to be the last, slowly I stood up and walked past, making eye contact with Diego as I did, quickly looking away before Mateo saw and got suspicious, but I was too late.

Mateo jumped up from his seat grabbing Diego by the shoulder of his shirt, pulling him up and using him as a human shield. I watched as he reached behind him pulling out a gun, but I was quicker with mine already trained on him.

"Let him go!" I yelled keeping my gun aimed at his head.

"I don't have a shot." Jays voice came through the coms, close enough for them to work again.