20

"Aimee you need to take care of yourself, don't follow my steps in life," the sound of the womans voice made Aimee's eyes shoot open, welcoming a sharp pain in her head.

"Aimee," Isaac was the first face she saw followed by Lydia, "What happened?"

Aimee closed her eyes and swallowed her disappointment, "Where is she?"

Issac slowly grabbed Aimee hand and began to take her pain away, "Who?"

"My sister," She croaked out, "I heard her."

Lydia grabbed her best friends other hand, "What is the last thing you remember?" Issac and Lydia's minds went to the worst.

Aimee slowly pulled away from Lydia and Issac, "I remember everything, Hayley is dead," She sniffled, "But that doesn't tell me why I heard her clear as day."

"Aimes, you hit your head pretty hard," Lydia squeezed Aimee's hand, for Aimee to give it a squeeze back.

Aimee sighed, "How is everyone?"

Isaac smirked at her, "Worried about you, even Derek."

"Even Derek," Aimee laughed to herself making the two smile softly at the girl, "When can I leave?"

Isaac's smile dropped as Lydia turned her to a sad one, "Aimee you got hurt pretty bad."

Aimee locked eyes with Lydia, "But I feel better. You need my help with the new wolves," Aimee tried to push herself up but Isaac placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Please Aimee, just get better," Issac wore a frown.

Aimee moved his hand from her and moved her blood soaked hair from her face, "It healed," Aimee told them, "I feel better I am better. Call Melissa to check me out."

Isaac mumbled something under his breath that the two humans couldn't hear before tearing away from the girls to find Melissa.

"What's his issue?" Aimee asked Lydia.

Lydia sighed, "When Allison and Scott called us, everyone thought you were dead or at least dying," Lydia didn't lie, but was holding out on the full truth. Aimee could see right through her best friend.

"Something else happened, did it?" Aimee pushed as she watched Lydia's eyes fill with water, "Lyds what is it?"

"You died," Lydia let tears fall from her face, "Scott and Derek couldn't hear your heart anymore."

Aimee stared blankly at Lydia's face, "I died," Hearing Hayley began to make sense, Aimee was dead and so was Hayley, "Who am I alive?"

Lydia wiped her tears, "Derek was going to turn you, but Scott and Allison didn't allow that," Lydia squeezed her best friends hand again, "On your way to the hospital, your heart started again. All by itself, and Scott wasn't sure how."

Aimee frowned, "So now I can't die?"

"Is that really all you got from what I said?" Lydia raised her voice, "You were dead!"

"What I got from this, was that I need to research more about what I am."

--

After a few doctors and Melissa, Aimee was able to go home. Melissa couldn't believe what the two had told her about Aimee or how she had recovered as fast as she did.

But after a few test, it showed Aimee was back at her normal health status.

Aimee sat on her couch, deciding she would go back to school tomorrow. Flicking on the Tv she kicked her legs up on the table in front of her. One thing weighed on Aimee, and that was that she felt different. Something was off inside of her and she couldn't tell what it was.

She felt almost numb, like she had no emotions. She was cold to touch, but burning inside as if she were set on fire. Almost like being torn into two, without knowing which side was which.

Her front door opened, snapping her from her thoughts as she looked over her shoulder to see Issac walking in with a small bag, "Hey Aimee."

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd be at school," Isaac sat next to her on the couch as he set the bag between the two before kicking his long legs up on the table as well, "What's this?"

"It's the translated version of the beastiary, courtesy of Allison and Lydia. We figured you'd be able to find out more about what you are," Isaac pulled the binder filled with pages from the bag and handed it to Aimee.

Aimee watched him cautiously as if it were a trick, "Why?"

He pushed the binder into her lap, "Oh I don't know Aimes, maybe the fact that you came back from the dead and everyone would like to know how."

"It shouldn't matter," Aimee mumbled quietly but Isaac heard her.

He frowned his eyebrows, "And why shouldn't it?"

Aimee snapped her head to him, "Because I wasn't scared, I felt the most secure I have in my whole life. Yet, I can't remember a single moment of it, except Hayley's voice, " Her voice slightly raised, "I want to know what happened!"

Isaac grabbed her knee gently, "It was only a few minutes."

"A few minutes of my life that I will forever wonder what made me feel that way," She sighed as she stared at the Tv in front of her. Isaac could smell the stress on her, mixed with something he couldn't quiet place.

He stared at the Tv ahead of both of them before he smelt blood, and it was growing stronger by the second. He turned to Aimee who still held her attention at the Tv, "Are you okay?"

Aimee looked at Isaac confused, "Yeah, why?"

Isaac stood up, "Stay here," Aimee watched as he walked over to the window and pulled the curtain back a little bit.

"Isaac, what is it?" Aimee asked, ready to stand up when he held up his hand to her.

He slowly went to the other window near the front door and peaked out, Aimee's eyes following his every movement worried that he would get hurt or that she would need to help him.

Not seeing anything, he yanked open the front door to see a small box, "Aimee," He called and she quickly jumped off of the couch and next to her boyfriend.

She stood next to him as he picked up the box, the bottom of it covered in blood as the concrete pouch held a small puddle.

He opened the box and gasped, "What?"

He gulped, "It's a heart."

Her eyes grew big as she took the box from the werewolf. She opened it herself and stared at the heart, "This is a threat."

"How do you know?" Isaac asked as the two brought it inside and set it in the sink.

"This is my sisters heart."