Chapter 3 |Sisters|

Arnav had drifted off on the bed catching a few hours of sleep after many days. Khushi had a much needed conversation with Payal about the havoc going on in her life. She liked sharing things with her sister, she was a good listener and often understood what really was in her heart. She hated having to destroy her second wedding much like the first one. But she had to have a heart to heart conversation with her Jiji.

"How are you Jiji?" She asked.

Payal sighed. "Bas Khushi tu jaanti hai. How will I be? Infact don't try to show as if you yourself are ok because I know you're clearly not." (You must know how I am.)

Payal payed her sole attention to her little sister. The family could go to hell for now. Enough of the sanskari bahu act, her little baby needed her right now and she was here to listen. Her eyes caught the now bandaged hand, worried she asked her how the injury happened.

"Hum gir gaye thay jiji, you know how clumsy I can be at times so woh tootay huay table pey halka sa haath lag gaya tha." Replied Khushi not wanting to disclose the whole thing. Payal didn't push it further. (I fell jiji, so the side of the broken table scratched my hand.)

"Khushi I'm not gonna hide under the bush and pretend as if I didn't hear anything a few minutes ago."

"Jiji what do you mean?" She asked curiously.

"Khushi what the hell is this contract thing? I was passing by your room when I heard Arnav screaming about some particular contract and that you can't leave without it expiring." She said.

Khushi's face instantly paled at the mention of the contract. Oh no! she thought it was supposed to be hidden, only for me and Arnavji to know. What will I tell Jiji, how will I explain the whole situation? Her mind clouded with fear of the contract being disclosed to her sister. A contract marriage. Wow! How the hell did she get herself into this mess.

"Jiji w-what are y-you saying? What contract? Aisa kuch bhi toh nahi hai." Khushi stuttered. (There's nothing like that.)

Payal instantly knew everything was wrong and there was something big connected to this contract. The fear in her sister's eyes and the lost color on her face clearly told her just that. She tried connecting the dots to figure out what it really was but still couldn't understand. Her mind suddenly clicked. The term CONTRACT marriage was not unknown to her. She had read about it a couple of times. Thus, her intelligent brain connected marriage with the word contract. Is this what I think it could be, Payal thought horrified to know the answer.

"Khushi my little babygirl." Payal cupped her face in her hands and called her with an endearment she often called her with from their childhood days. Her baby, her little baby sister, her babygirl.

"Please tell me, please tell your Jiji. I swear main gusa nahi karun gi, devi maiyya ki kasam." She smiled slightly trying to ease the serious atmosphere. (I swear I won't get angry I swear on the goddess.)

"Jiji hume nahi pata tum aisay kyun bol rahi ho infact there's no reason behind the contract marriage." She spilled the beans in hurry. (Jiji I don't know why you're talking like this.)

Oh no! Payal was so correct. Her horrible nightmare had been proven true.

What the fuck?

Khushi realized what she had said in a hurry and was horrified of what would happen next. The emotions started becoming a little too unbearable for her and came out in the form of tears.

She hugged her Jiji tightly and cried, she cried and cried. Payal was a loss at words, she didn't know what to say. Her little baby sister had been through so much without her even knowing.

Yes she was angry at her for the sudden marriage, yes she was enraged, convulsed for a few months for committing this act of utter stupidity and taking such a drastic step without anyone knowing. So she tried her best to neglect her and try not to come in her way. But one thing she didn't know was why and how and she needed to know.

She held her now glistening, wet, teary face in her palms and commanded. "Khushi tujhe devi maiyya ki kasam hai kay tu mujhe ab sab sach bataye gi. You have no option but to tell me the entire complete truth." (Khushi I swear on the goddess's name that you have to by any means tell me the whole truth.)

And Khushi having no choice left told her sister everything. There was no other way out. No more hiding, the truth laid bare in front of her sister.

"Khushi tu!" Payal whispered and hugged her as tight as she could. Her own face now full with tears. Oh her little khushi! How could fate be so bloody cruel to her little sister.

"I'm so sorry for not standing beside you through these ugly times. I'm really dumb Khushi I always saw there was something a miss on your face, you would very rarely be your usual jolly self but I chose to neglect it. I'm so sorry! I'm your elder sister and this whole time you were the one who acted like it." She cried.

FURIOUS!

She was absolutely furious at the beast called Arnav, even more than Shyam. He had tainted her younger sister in such a brutal manner. How could he? She wanted to kill him, murder him for hurting her sister, for shattering her dreams. For using Akash and her relationship as a weak point, as a horrendous blackmail.

"Jiji please mujhse vaada karo kay tum yeh kisiko nahi batao gi." Khushi requested. (Jiji please promise me you won't disclose this to anyone.)

"Lekin khushi tu-" (But khushi you-)

"Nahi Jiji, somethings are better kept hidden. And I don't want anymore problems as there's already more than enough now. I just wanna leave in a few days as the contract is ending in 2 days. I just want respite from all this. Thak chuki hu mai bohat zyada. I just want to go and get myself together again. Please Jiji will u help me with that?" (No jiji, I'm really tired of all this now.)

Payal was proud of her and would do anything from now on to help her little sister.

"I'll do anything and everything for you now khushi. I too have hurt you enough by neglecting you and not taking your side and I really wanna make it up to you Khushi." Declared a determined Payal. "But first will you forgive me Khushi? I'm really sorry for what I did." Asked payal, hurt evident in her voice.

"Haan Jiji, why would I not forgive you. Thanks for listening and understanding." She smiled.

"So that means I'm forgiven?" Asked a hopeful Payal.

"Haan Jiji maaf kiya tumhe." Replied an elated Khushi, secretly thanking her Devi Maiya for sending her sister who would listen to her sorrows and understand her. (Yeah jiji, I forgive you.)

Payal couldn't contain her happiness and hugged her, she kissed her baby sister's soft plump cheeks and and pecked her forehead. She had to protect and most importantly support her now.

*******************************************
How was it?

I honestly hated in the show, like she needed to just stop being a doormat and support her sister. They made her such a gharelu sanskari bahu like girl omg why? So I hope y'all like this payal cuz she defo gonna kick ass.

Till next update guys!

PS: DO NOT COPY OR REPRODUCE AS THIS IS SOLELY AND SOLEMNLY MY WORK